Recommended mods for head

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick45015

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna send of my RM100 Lynchbox to get modded. I've got a few bucks coming my way. This more than likely will be only time I send it off for mods.

I'm looking for recommendations and why you like or think it's a worthwhile mod. I don't have a budget in mind yet but I'm not gonna do all the mods. Kinda looking for bang for buck.

I guess I should say something about my style. I've recently discovered Seymour duncan black winter pickup and love it. It's a Death Metal pickup. I don't play Death Metal but dark and heavy is the best way I know how to describe my style. Lots of diminished and pinch harmonics

Thanks

Get the MM Transformers and Choke plus JF variable NFB mod...maybe think about having the three way input circuit mod while it's there too.

JKD said:
Get the MM Transformers and Choke plus JF variable NFB mod...maybe think about having the three way input circuit mod while it's there too.

I don't see the last 2 listed on the sight. Don't know what they are

They would be the foglifter+ and the other is the 3 way cathode bias switch.

Feel free to reach out to Rob via email, fb, or even the telephone. He is easy going and not pushy at all. He is a straight shooter and will give you an honest opinion of his mods based on what you realistically need as opposed to the “up sell.”

He has worked on several of RM’s and the end result always exceeded my expectations.

warmachine67 said:
They would be the foglifter+ and the other is the 3 way cathode bias switch.

Feel free to reach out to Rob via email, fb, or even the telephone. He is easy going and not pushy at all. He is a straight shooter and will give you an honest opinion of his mods based on what you realistically need as opposed to the “up sell.”

He has worked on several of RM’s and the end result always exceeded my expectations.

Ok now I understand.

I have emailed him and asked about the choke mod

tnjazz said:
IMO bang for buck mod = Foglifter

Agree, if cost is a factor..rank them this way:

1. Foglifter+
2. Cathode Bias
3. Tranny Mods

JKD said:
tnjazz said:
IMO bang for buck mod = Foglifter

Agree, if cost is a factor..rank them this way:

1. Foglifter+
2. Cathode Bias
3. Tranny Mods

I really don't know much about tubes. I've heard the term bias but what does that bias mod actually do?

I thought the choke mod sounded interesting but I don't know squat lol

I have had the mods done on my two RM50s. Switching to the Mercury tranny is amazing. The foglifter is an easy cheap mod. I am not at home but I think that I had some pots put in the loop which helped even things out back there. I have had them so long I am not sure what was stock anymore. The mods turned the amps from unique MTS stuff into really f#cking great amps. I had one amp voiced for a Marshall sound and use EL34s in it and the other is for my Fender type sounds and I use the 6L6's in there. I am not sorry that I had this done at all.
Gool luck wiht it.....
rick
ps On the biasing question, I know nothing about how biasing works. ALl I know is that with a cheap Harbor Freight multi meter and the simple instructions from the manual, it is a simple five minute procedure.

ricky said:
I have had the mods done on my two RM50s. Switching to the Mercury tranny is amazing. The foglifter is an easy cheap mod. I am not at home but I think that I had some pots put in the loop which helped even things out back there. I have had them so long I am not sure what was stock anymore. The mods turned the amps from unique MTS stuff into really f#cking great amps. I had one amp voiced for a Marshall sound and use EL34s in it and the other is for my Fender type sounds and I use the 6L6's in there. I am not sorry that I had this done at all.
Gool luck wiht it.....
rick
ps On the biasing question, I know nothing about how biasing works. ALl I know is that with a cheap Harbor Freight multi meter and the simple instructions from the manual, it is a simple five minute procedure.

Thanks. I emailed Rob and he explained things