Syn-1 cutting in/out

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
So I was playing my Syn-1 with JF Ultra Lead via my Mk V35 and it’s been working great.

I then hooked it up via XLR to my interface, and I had the same problem. I changed modules, to my Plexi and no problems. So it could be the UL.

I’ve noticed when the unit cuts out, if my hand touches the unit it reacts to my touch. The degraded signal gets stronger or weaker depending on where I touch it.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues?

Just a guess but either the preamp tubes might be bad or the module isnt seating into the slot deep enough.

Well I can confirm it ain’t the JF UL, it’s now doing the same with the Plexi module. It plays fine for about 5 mins and then the sound degrades from there.
If I swap cables or guitars, it plays fine for another 5 mins, and then cuts out again.

Here's a clip of the JF UL with my Strat. The UL gain is at 2 o'clock on both channels. The volume and the SYN-1 volume are both at noon.

this is a high gain module, and should not sound like this:

https://soundcloud.com/carrion-king/syn-1-ul-cut-out/s-FBmXD

Here’s a video I’ve added, the unit starts to cut out around 1:30.

https://youtu.be/ifRjsJsn02s

Really? I’m sending mine back tomorrow, as it started doing it again today. I have asked for a replacement, fingers crossed it works fine.

Did you check the tube that's in the SYN-1? That's V1, so it is an important tube for any module. Just a thought before you send it back.

You can see the gear I have in my signature, and the only issue I've had is one pre-amp tube in one module (none in the SYN-1/SYN-2/SYN-30.) So far it's all been reliable.

I would try replacing the tube first. Hope you get your issues sorted!

The V1 tube in the SYN-1 is fine, I've checked it, and its had no issues.

I have sent the unit back today, the store has been VERY helpful.

I really hope the issue does not persist on a new unit, as I haven't hear anyone having this issue before, and I LOVE the unit itself, it's literally everything I always wanted MTS to be!

Manufacturing issues happen sometimes. Nature of the beast. I didn't experience anything like this with my Syn-1 (which a friend of mine in town is now the proud owner of) so I doubt it's a widespread fault.

I will say that so far my experiences with Synergy's customer service have been stellar, so I have no doubt they will make it right for you.

So the unit arrived back at the store yesterday and after the tech tried it out for an hour, the same XLR issue I reported began to happen. He worked out that there was a bad connection inside, to do with the effects loop. He was nice enough to send another unit to me this morning.

Fingers crossed this one works out!

buriedorburned said:
So the unit arrived back at the store yesterday and after the tech tried it out for an hour, the same XLR issue I reported began to happen. He worked out that there was a bad connection inside, to do with the effects loop. He was nice enough to send another unit to me this morning.

Fingers crossed this one works out!

Got my fingers crossed for you dude!

I haven't even hooked up my XLR out, makes me really want to try it :-/

buriedorburned said:
So I was playing my Syn-1 with JF Ultra Lead via my Mk V35 and it’s been working great.

I then hooked it up via XLR to my interface, and I had the same problem. I changed modules, to my Plexi and no problems. So it could be the UL.

I’ve noticed when the unit cuts out, if my hand touches the unit it reacts to my touch. The degraded signal gets stronger or weaker depending on where I touch it.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues?

I Had the same issue and i had to change the Fxloop Level on the back of the syn-1. it was cutting on/off and drop the signal from my effects with high gain settings