Synergy VH4 Ch B dead again...UPD: it's not working again...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKD

Reaction score
Didn’t play in a while, started up the SYN2 today and Ch B is acting up with same problem as before - Ch B only Gain and Volume work...no BMT and it’s way louder than Ch A.

Nothing related ti tubes or slot / amp position, it's simply like the tone circuit isn't there on Ch B.

Enjoy this mod but is the second time it’s failed this way.

That sucks, especially since the channels are different. The vh4 is one of my favorites, and mine seems to work ok so far.

I’m trying to remember, is this the one you have already sent back once?

warmachine67 said:
That sucks, especially since the channels are different. The vh4 is one of my favorites, and mine seems to work ok so far.

I’m trying to remember, is this the one you have already sent back once?

Yes and they replaced it with a new one...what are the chances? Should I send my whole SYN2 rig back for them to look at? They couldn't really replicate it last time :-/

Go figure..it's working today...symptomatic of a poor connection or cold solder point?

No idea what I did to fix it, played with teh switches a bit...but then I did that yesterday also.

Could be the ChA/B switch is really sensitive or 'fragile connectivity' ?

That’s a bummer in a good way.

May have to reach out to synergy on that one since it seems to be intermittent.

I had a similar issue and then it eventually just shut down. I got a hold of Synergy to try and deal with it. Much as I love my Syn 2, they have been kind of a pain to deal with. First they sent me some internal fuses to change after they said that the fuses in the Syn 2 were the wrong ones in the first place. Those fuses were wrong so they sent me two more which did nothing. They then reluctantly took it back. This has been going on since August 8 and I still don't have my Syn 2 back....I am used to companies that jump on fixing stuff like this, especially a new company who is concerned with it's reputation.

warmachine67 said:
That’s a bummer in a good way.

May have to reach out to synergy on that one since it seems to be intermittent.

Yeah, my biggest problem with my original VH4 model was it's intermittent nature but then it gave up completely. There's an (manufacturing?) issue with the dual EQ it seems.

Sadly I don't have time to deal with this right now.

I got my SYN 2 back yesterday and it works as it should. Dealing with the company has been a pain but **** I sure like the products!

I can only speak for my vh4 that I bought new about 6 months ago, but I have had no problems. Just played it a minute ago since this post has got me paranoid since I love that module so much.

Every time I see a post like this I fire mine up to be sure, but I own several modules and just play here and there for my enjoyment.

If nothing else, buying new from an authorized synergy dealer carries a 3 year warranty. But from what it sounds, that may not be much reassurance.

LuxxtoneBoy said:
Would you then recommend to stay away from the VH4 module?

I have 7 or 8 Synergy Modules, only had problems with the VH4.

I think it's fair to expect some problems with any product and mine was one of the first off the assembly line.

Man I've had it with the RED Channel (Ch B) on this module....so unreliable.

warmachine67 said:
Uh oh, blue is my favorite.

What r u going to do now?

Ugh, my bad it's the RED Channel.....Ch B.

Blue Channel (A) sounds awesome, RED Channel has no EQ working on it...just GAIN/MASTER.