SYN-1 Tube swap

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zombieskank said:
Has anybody changed the tube in the syn 1 to get a less compressed boxy sound?

I'm not sure the tube in the head/pre-amp does much in the way of gain...when I think about what you are saying I'm thinking less gain usually works but you probably already know/done this.

You could always try a 5751 / 12AT7 but I've never done it....more to play with in the tone controls / new modules so far.

On the rest of the modular stuff, go higher on the Module Output volume and lower on the gain maybe? I've heard several mention that the modules never come alive until around 12-2 on their output volume.

With the Syn-1 and Syn-2 you of course have another output control on the pre-amp.

I run mine like I always did on the Eenater M4 or Randall RM-4, around 2-3 o'clock it seems to balance the signal nicely.

To me, the SYNERGY stuff sounds a bit more polite than the RANDALL stuff anyway..maybe it's just the lower noise :D

People who understand tube amps can maybe help more... Rob?

Have you tried changing the cathode switch on the module? Assuming you're the synergy modules