SYN1 work OK in Tweaker 15 loop?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I just picked up a used Tweaker 15 head for a great price, just getting into playing with it. Thinking about getting a SYN1, will the "buffered series loop" in the Tweaker 15 allow the SYN1 to work in the loop? Even if not, I might get it anyway and just run like a pre-amp into the input. I have a ton of MTS modules, some modded, but all are from Randall- none made by Egnater or Synergy.

Also looking to buy a used SYN1 if anyone has one to sell, very few lately on here or fleaBay.

Thanks Rob, just getting back into playing 6 string - my MTS stuff has been gathering dust for years (including one of your modded Plexi modules I bought on this forum like 8 years ago!)

9985 said:
Thanks Rob, just getting back into playing 6 string - my MTS stuff has been gathering dust for years (including one of your modded Plexi modules I bought on this forum like 8 years ago!)

You are very welcome sir.

I've owned a 15 and a 40. Synergy +Tweaker is probably a really good combo. Especially with a Mercury transformer upgrade.

pulled the trigger, ordered SYN-1 via Sweetwater! Looking forward to trying it out, I'm loving the Tweaker 15 already- this will add a ton of options as a 2nd channel.

EDIT: The comment about it sounding better with a Mercury Transformer upgrade was prophetic... little Tweaker popped main fuse in AC outlet, twice, even after tube swap, might be bad transformer- it's headed for repair soon. Warranty covered the cost, so I'm not out any money, bummed because I liked the tone & the portability. I'll get it fixed, but GAS struck while waiting, picking up a used PRS Archon 50 combo tomorrow at an insane price from local GC.