Syn 2 + Syn 2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

werdna

Reaction score
I want to run four Syn modules at a time, and have them programmed so that I am able to midi footswitch from one channel to each of the other seven and back. Could I do it with two Syn 2s?

yes, but not with the Synergy footswitch. It will require a different MIDI controller to access all 8 without reprogramming. I use a Fractal FX8 to do this with my setup.

werdna said:
I want to run four Syn modules at a time, and have them programmed so that I am able to midi footswitch from one channel to each of the other seven and back. Could I do it with two Syn 2s?

This is what I'm ultimate after too; 8 channels of awesomeness.

I'm hoping for a SYN4 in the future, but i doubt it will come.

Kriig said:
How do you hook them up?
One through the other?

I run several preamps in the loops of a Helix Rack, and that makes switching the channels (and different preamps) super convenient and easy. :)

I've got them hooked up like discussed in the Syn-2 manual.

Connecting Multiple SYN2s
Follow the steps below to combine 2 or more SYN2 units. In this connection scheme the first SYN2 in the signal chain is called the “Master” and the second SYN2 is the called the “Slave”.
- Connect your instrument to the Input of the Master unit.
- Run a cable from the "TO AMP IN" of the Master unit to the "INST. IN" on the rear panel of the Slave unit.
- Connect the main output L/MONO of the Slave unit to the "FROM AMP FX SEND" of the Master unit.
- Use the MAIN OUT(s) or the DI output(s) of the MASTER unit to connect to your power amp / monitors.
- Program the Slave with the Master in Bypass Mode.
Note - When using the input on the front panel, the "INST IN" on the back panel is disengaged.
The same procedure is recommended for adding a third, fourth etc. unit to the system
For most systems, it’s recommended that you set your SYN2s to the same MIDI channel. You can follow the
programming instructions above, repeating the steps for each SYN2. When you want to access the second SYN2, make sure that the first SYN2 is set to bypass.

ricky said:
Rippershred. Are you putting each SYN2 in a separate loop in the Helix?

Yeah dude, 4 loops = 4 different preamp units, and in this case syn2 units. I got a syn2 in one loop, an e570 in another, a gp3 in another. Can run several simultaneously, switch channels and/or preamps in the snapshots/scenes with a click of a footswitch and go from clean/chorus/reverb to crunch with a boost to a boosted lead with phaser and delay. It's the shiz-nit. :)

I use the SYN 2 in one of my Helix loops and then into an M50 head. The Helix is pretty amazing. So basically I have four SYN/JF mods (meaning 8 channels) and I switch between them with the Helix which switches FX if I want.
BTW, what is the GP3?

TubeMan5150 said:
I've got them hooked up like discussed in the Syn-2 manual.

Connecting Multiple SYN2s
Follow the steps below to combine 2 or more SYN2 units. In this connection scheme the first SYN2 in the signal chain is called the “Master” and the second SYN2 is the called the “Slave”.
- Connect your instrument to the Input of the Master unit.
- Run a cable from the "TO AMP IN" of the Master unit to the "INST. IN" on the rear panel of the Slave unit.
- Connect the main output L/MONO of the Slave unit to the "FROM AMP FX SEND" of the Master unit.
- Use the MAIN OUT(s) or the DI output(s) of the MASTER unit to connect to your power amp / monitors.
- Program the Slave with the Master in Bypass Mode.
Note - When using the input on the front panel, the "INST IN" on the back panel is disengaged.
The same procedure is recommended for adding a third, fourth etc. unit to the system
For most systems, it’s recommended that you set your SYN2s to the same MIDI channel. You can follow the
programming instructions above, repeating the steps for each SYN2. When you want to access the second SYN2, make sure that the first SYN2 is set to bypass.
I am setting up two Syn-2s, and I have an effects unit. Do I run the effects unit cables to and from the master Syn-2, or to and from the slave Syn-2, or a lead out of one Syn-2 and back into the other Syn-2?

werdna said:
I am setting up two Syn-2s, and I have an effects unit. Do I run the effects unit cables to and from the master Syn-2, or to and from the slave Syn-2, or a lead out of one Syn-2 and back into the other Syn-2?

Really depends, you can use the fx loop on the master SYN2 or between the output of the master and your power amp. If you're going for w/d/w, use the first output to the dry power amp and second output to your fx ( set 100% wet) then to your stereo power amp. No need to use the fx loop in this case