Holy Cr*p! 7 (!) New modules in that Steve Vai Video !

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RipperShred

Reaction score
At the very beginning they did a pan of a bunch of Syn2s and there was a friggin' XTC, Uberschall, Engl Savage and Powerball (the powerball is SUPER exciting to me!) a friggin' Fryette Pitbull, and the dumble OS and Friedman BB/BE that we were expecting.

Man o' man, THESE are the modules I've been waiting for! :D

I have to admit I have bagged on Synergy but
The XTC Uber Pittbull and powerball are impressive

There is a lot going on in those mods the Bogners have 2 switches perchannel
Not just a bass bright either

The Pitbull has the graphic EQ built in
And they are all still 399 apparently

Now let’s see if they can just get them built and in stock

gtr31 said:
Now let’s see if they can just get them built and in stock

Therein lies the crux of it all, right? "if they build them... and ship them to dealers, they will come." or something like that. :)

also, didn't catch it on my first viewing, but there's two friggin' XTC modules; regular and a (may have misread) a 20th anniversary option. so two Versions of the XTC and an Uberschall.

Those two/three and the powerball are high on my list. If I didn't already have a special edition engl preamp and a fryette gp3 preamp I'd probably look to pick up at some point the Savage and Pitbull modules as well. Heck, maybe just to compare them would be fun.

There's another Youtube Synergy interview posted from NAMM with Bruce Egnater and Peter Arends where they pan over a rack of SYN-2s that shows the following new modules:

Engl Savage
Engl Powerball
Bogner Ecstasy 20th Anniversary
Bogner Ecstasy
Bogner Uberschall
Friedman BE/BB
Fryette Pitt Bull Ultra Lead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8cMwQWx7Es

9985 said:
There's another Youtube Synergy interview posted from NAMM with Bruce Egnater and Peter Arends where they pan over a rack of SYN-2s that shows the following new modules:

Engl Savage
Engl Powerball
Bogner Ecstasy
Bogner Uberschall
Friedman BE/BB

It's a gang-busters list if ever I saw one dude!

I played the Bogner 20th Anniversary at NAMM and owned the Friedman BE/BB. I currently own the Soldano SLO. These modules are only getting better. I didn't bond with Friedman as much as I wanted to. The Soldano blue channel is fluid, thick, plays very nice, and sounds great in a band mix. The Bogner is tight, pissed, and angry with that kerrang, has separate eq for each channel. The mini toggles on the Bogner are not just subtle changes in the voicing, but more like different amps. Seriously impressed with Bogner, it's a library of vintage and modded Marshall tones in one module. Hopefully I won't have to wait a year to purchase.

gaboocho said:
I played the Bogner 20th Anniversary at NAMM and owned the Friedman BE/BB. I currently own the Soldano SLO. These modules are only getting better. I didn't bond with Friedman as much as I wanted to. The Soldano blue channel is fluid, thick, plays very nice, and sounds great in a band mix. The Bogner is tight, pissed, and angry with that kerrang, has separate eq for each channel. The mini toggles on the Bogner are not just subtle changes in the voicing, but more like different amps. Seriously impressed with Bogner, it's a library of vintage and modded Marshall tones in one module. Hopefully I won't have to wait a year to purchase.

Yeah dude, I'm primed to get one (or maybe both) of the XTC modules, the Powerball and the Uberschall if they come out in a timely fashion.

I belong to some product specific forums (like Heitage guitars) where we validate ourselves by posting videos of famous players using the product we like......”Aren’t we cool? Here’s Larry Carlton playing the same brand we play!!!” That being said, it does feel validating to have played the Egnater MTS stuff for years and then have Vai go nuts over it.

RipperShred said:
9985 said:

Engl Savage
Engl Powerball
Bogner Ecstasy
Bogner Uberschall
Friedman BE/BB

It's a gang-busters list if ever I saw one dude!

Nice, I’m really for a proper Uberschall.