RM4 with RM22?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have the money, a transformer upgrade, a foglifter+, and a master volume by Jaded Faith helps the amp run much better and make it more useable.

Other than that, great little amp.

Sorry, that I do not. Never had an rm4 and not sure about a 4CM. Perhaps someone has done it with an RM50 since it should be the same.

A Syn1 works fine with a 3CM, but that is no help to you.

If you find out a way, posting here would be a good resource.

6 channels with an RM22 is something I would love to do.

Get a loop switcher, I use an old Rocktron Loop 8 Floor. Guitar goes to loop 1 input, loop 1 send goes to RM22 input, RM22 send goes to loop 1 return, loop 1 output feeds loop 2 input. Loop 2 send goes to RM4 input, RM4 output goes loop 2 return, loop 2 output goes to RM22 return, or to as many fx loops as you want before the RM22 return. Always select loop 1 or 2 on, never both.

I don't know anything about loop switchers. Could I do this same thing with any loop switcher or is there a key feature it needs to have?

There are a few super cheap option out there

trimix said:
Get a loop switcher, I use an old Rocktron Loop 8 Floor. Guitar goes to loop 1 input, loop 1 send goes to RM22 input, RM22 send goes to loop 1 return, loop 1 output feeds loop 2 input. Loop 2 send goes to RM4 input, RM4 output goes loop 2 return, loop 2 output goes to RM22 return, or to as many fx loops as you want before the RM22 return. Always select loop 1 or 2 on, never both.

seems from this instruction it can be any loop pedal. The Rocktron has a lot of features, A simple 4 loop switcher is about 80 bucks. would this work?

https://reverb.com/item/3482539-smokin-amp-co-4-loop-switch-pedal

tnjazz said:
You can also put the RM4 in the loop of the RM22 and use an A/B switch connected to the two inputs.

this doesn't work for me. I thought that it was because the series loop isn't good for this. maybe mines faulty?

It did work through my RM50's parallel loop

I'm probably doing it wrong. I had the Parallel loop RM4 out to RM22 return. also tried post loop RM4 out into RM22 return. Series loop out RM4, etc.....

only the RM4 is heard through the RM22. I need to unplug the loop from the RM22 to hear the RM22

withmittens said:
trimix said:

seems from this instruction it can be any loop pedal. The Rocktron has a lot of features, A simple 4 loop switcher is about 80 bucks. would this work?

https://reverb.com/item/3482539-smokin-amp-co-4-loop-switch-pedal

Should work with any loop switcher, I prefer a programmable one so one loop turns on when the other turns off and vice versa with one button push. Here's a programmable that would also select channels in the RM4 via MIDI:

https://decibel11.com/products_switch_dr.aspx

trimix? do you have a picture of your wiring setup, this is the kind of pedal i have....true bypass

triple-guitar-loop-pedal-true-bypass-pedal.jpg

ok, I got a loop pedal. I may have cheaped out and made the mistake of using a single loop pedal. I've hooked it up like this

Amp loop send > pedal input
Pedal send > amp loop return
pedal loop send > RM4 input
pedal loop return > RM4 output

I get signal from both the RM22 and RM4 alternately when I click the looper switch.

The problem here is that when the RM4 is selected it layers that signal over top if the RM22 preamps. BOTH are heard.

IS my RM22 loop broken?

withmittens said:
ok, I got a loop pedal. I may have cheaped out and made the mistake of using a single loop pedal. I've hooked it up like this

Amp loop send > pedal input
Pedal send > amp loop return
pedal loop send > RM4 input
pedal loop return > RM4 output

I get signal from both the RM22 and RM4 alternately when I click the looper switch.

The problem here is that when the RM4 is selected it layers that signal over top if the RM22 preamps. BOTH are heard.

IS my RM22 loop broken?

What you have described is how a single loop set up will work. You need two loops to switch between two preamps. The loop pedal input should only be the guitar signal and the loop pedal output should only go to the power amp input (rm22 fx loop return)

Mattallica said:
What you have described is how a single loop set up will work. You need two loops to switch between two preamps. The loop pedal input should only be the guitar signal and the loop pedal output should only go to the power amp input (rm22 fx loop return)

Proof that I'm either cheap or stupid, or both. Thanks.

back to Reverb, Womp Womp.

withmittens said:
Mattallica said:

Proof that I'm either cheap or stupid, or both. Thanks.

back to Reverb, Womp Womp.

No worries, forest from the trees etc.

Beyond the no name loop pedals you can get, you could get a Boss LS-2 or similar, if you can find one cheap enough. The LS-2 has the two loops you want and some extra features.

trimix said:

I don't know why this is so hard for me. I got another looper BUT it has only one input and output for the whole pedal, not one each for each loop. It does have send and return for each loop but it does not allow for the setup described. I reckon I would need to find another looper BUT It IS a very specific type.

Seems it must have both input and outputs for the whole rig, as well as inputs for each loop in addition to sen d & returns for each loop.

Brian at Loop Master believes the routing should look like this with his pedal. It does not work.

Guitar goes to loop 1 input, (Guitar to "IN" on Loop-Master)
loop 1 send goes to RM22 (amp) input,

RM22 (amp) send (series loop) goes to loop 1 return,
******* loop 1 output feeds loop 2 input. (Internally this is already wired this way)

Loop 2 send goes to RM4 (external preamp) input,
RM4 (external preamp) output goes loop 2 return,

****** loop 2 output goes to RM22 (amp) return (series loop) (Connect to Loop-Master "Out")

This works

Guitar > input of loop master
Loop 1 send > rm4 input, rm4 output to loop 1 return.
Loop 2 send > input of rm22, fx send > loop 2 return.
Out of loop master > fx return of rm22.

signal goes straight to power amp if no loop is on