Is there a more active forum?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombieskank

Reaction score
It's sort of active in hear, but is there anywhere else? I can't believe these amps aren't way more popular in the modeling age they are head and shoulders above everything else

Other than the Facebook group I don’t think so.

The modular concept still is a very niche product with a small market, it seems. I don’t see that changing any time soon.

Since the forum software upgrade, it seems even quieter or is it just me?

It does seem quieter.
I wonder if the FB Synergy and MTS pages are where most people go to discuss MTS.

Not sure what’s up here. I don’t think you can blame it on being a niche item. A few years back, before Synergy when it was just Randall and Egnater, this place was jumping.

It is all unusually quiet, not just this forum or FB.

eBay and reverb have less and less modular stuff on them. I noticed the trend about 6 months ago and figured it was a dry spell.

In all honesty, from the time I joined, I've seen activity diminish shortly after (especially after Randall discontinued the line)
There has been a bit of a revitalization when Synergy was announced, but that died down pretty quick

My personal observation based on my own personal experiences and many of my customers that I speak with regularly is a general migration away from internet forums. There can be a lot of clicks, hidden agendas, unpleasantness and general nastiness on forums. There is something about the lack of accountability when hiding behind a keyboard that brings out the worst side in a lot of people. It's not everyone by any stretch, but enough that it turns people off quite often. Folks seem to want to take their energy and spend it more productively in different settings. In my case it's been a huge upswing in actual conversations on the phone, in person or via email. I have to say I greatly prefer the personal touch and the sincerity these avenues provide.

That said, I still pop in here from time to time and try to offer help as I can. I'm probably more active in repairing and modifying this gear than anyone with all of the manufacturers referring people to me regularly. I just don't engage here like I once did and I'm okay with that. I'm still as available as ever.

Have to agree here with Rob, he gladly engages in email conversation, same as Paul from Yuneo.de and some guys I've had the pleasure to talk to. Personal touch is so much better and sadly some people can be just d!k$ while hiding behind a keyboard on a forum.
I am however conscious about not flooding them with questions they must have answered hundreds of times.
I don't have social media (greatly dislike it) so perhaps I'm missing on interaction with MTS enthusiasts?

The Facebook page does have more movement, but it isn’t an overwhelming amount. Honestly, considering they have new products, I still expect more. Just to me, a lot goes back to the niche nature of the modular thing, not to mention the cost of modules, etc. compared to lunch box amps or some ‘computer magic’ modeler. Synergy seems to be getting some ‘names’ using it, but so did Randall.

The archives on this forum have the most information and people do still check this place and are happy to answer genuine questions.

I haven't been active the past few years for reasons well beyond the Randall MTS series, which I'm still using on a daily basis.

Kids, health issues, the loss of my beloved Yellow Labs last year, life and work have all contributed to my absence. I'm hoping to post more frequently, especially as more Synergy gear rolls into my studio.

I feel like I got into MTS at the end of life as well LOL!

The good about this is that all the tweaking had been figured out, and the prices had gone down from the peak.

I like the amps and hope the make a comeback.

In my Laney module building quest the laney posse forum rarely featured in the search results. When it did, it would be a couple of misinformed opinions, no real factual information. These would be anywhere from its inception to its demise. So when I saw it was offline permanently there was no surprise. I think this is an exception to the trend rather being part of it.

This forum is a trove of information however, and I am grateful for it.