Are new Synergy Modules compatible with RM4?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmsaub

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the MTS arena, still acquiring a full rig. I have the Randall RM4 and RT2/50. I just stumbled upon the Synergy Modules. Do you know if they are compatible with the Randall RM4? Thank you!

Yes, they are compatible, but you can't always get the most out of them.

Any Synergy module that is Fender biased will work perfectly well e.g. TDLX.

Any one that is Marshall biased will work less well - anything Friedman, Plexi etc.

Any one that is 'boutique' biased, such as SLO, won't sound very good.

The fix is to get a bias switch on your RM4. Jaded Faith can send you a kit. It's not expensive. If you want to play your Plexi module, flick the switch on the RM4 to the Marshall setting.

However using the footswitch you won't be able to automatically adjust the bias between say a Fender module and a boutique module.

My understanding is that you can't really utilize both sides of a dual module with the RM4. I thought I read that Rob can adapt the RM4s for use with the dualies. True?

Thank you very much for this information! It's quite a tricky thing obtaining "that" tone. :)
Thank you!

ricky said:
My understanding is that you can't really utilize both sides of a dual module with the RM4. I thought I read that Rob can adapt the RM4s for use with the dualies. True?

There is a member (Paul, can't remember his user name though) in the forum that sells an upgrade MIDI board to mod the RM4 to work with dual channels, I believe you can get Rob from Jaded Faith to install these boards.

Yes, the boards can be purchased here:
https://yuneo.de/

In some RM4s Synergy modules don´t fit into the first module slot.
I´ve also written a short guide of how to fix this issue.
If someone is interested, I can email the pdf file.

Cheers,
Paul

I don’t have an issue with an rm4 slot but I do with a mod50 slot. I’d be interested to see what’s in the guide.

Necroreply

I have been wondering if an EQ pedal in front of the amp to roll off some lows would be a help for using the Synergy .68uf modules in a Randall amp.

I'll bet it would do the trick. Anybody have the components to give this a try?