DOOM!!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombieskank

Reaction score
Hi, is there a Synergy module that is good for stoner\doom sabbath tone? I have a salvation mandarine graphic I have been using just seeing if theres anything official. Cmon orange synergy modules!

seems they focus on METAL more than anything. LA tones and Djent
Salvation still the best for other tones in my opinion.
I don't own any Synergy, though so someone else may pipe up

I haven't played all of the Synergy modules, but I doubt any of them will be better than your Salvation is at creating that type of tone.

As for an Orange-type module, I wouldn't get my hopes up. I spoke with one of the big Synergy dealers recently, and he only mentioned the Engl Powerball, Fryette Ultra Lead, Vai, and Bogner modules (three of them) as being currently "in the pipeline."

Sabbath to me = Laney
Laney are typically Marshall based circuits with Fender bias for V1 (Generalisation here).
So you're best bet would be Synergy Plexi/Metroplex/800 module with the Fender/1.5k 22uF cathode setting.
I would try the Plexi first though. I don't have any of those modules so perhaps someone else can confirm?
A Laney Supergroup/Klipp would be very easy for Synergy to make and i wish they would.
Then they could expand their appeal to stoner/doom market and i can get my Sabbath on...

I was just saying on the Synergy FB group how freaking awesome the BMAN module is on the Red Channel, boosted with something like a Klon clone or an SD-1.
If you want old school, vintage high gain like an OR120, or an old Laney Supergroup, then the BMAN is sick.