SYN-2 Volume-Level Settings

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rising Farce

Reaction score
SYN-2 owners, how are you setting your module and rack master-volume levels relative to the power amp (or host amp) master? I'm having a bit of trouble striking the right balance of tone (from the module), fullness (from the amp), and minimal background noise.

I have a SYN1, and I've been running through a ton of different sounds with the Plexi module. Just today, I tried full dime on the level and volume. It sounded great, had some noise, but not much.

Lespauled said:
I have a SYN1, and I've been running through a ton of different sounds with the Plexi module. Just today, I tried full dime on the level and volume. It sounded great, had some noise, but not much.

Thanks for the input.

I'm not sure running both volumes wide open would work with the (extremely high-gain, and thus somewhat noise-prone) Engl, which I use quite a bit, but I'll give it a shot.

Overall, I'm trying to get an idea of what role the SYN-2 master plays in the overall equation, as it's an additional variable over the modular heads I've used in the past.

I've been trying to keep the red clipping light from being continuously on. That means my module and master volumes are relatively low. Otherwise I seem to get some clipping distortion as opposed to harmonic distortion. It seems to be a much different approach than on my Lynchbox. But who knows, I may be doing something wrong ;-)

Oh is that what it is? Haha. When in doubt, read the manual ;-) Still, when I have the volumes up high, I it seems I get some clipping distortion.