SYN2 with Helix MIDI

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
Anyone out there using the SYN2 with a Helix that could help me with a MIDI question? It involves using the Helix to change channels in a dual module using a foot switch.
thanks
rick

ricky said:
Anyone out there using the SYN2 with a Helix that could help me with a MIDI question? It involves using the Helix to change channels in a dual module using a foot switch.
thanks
rick

It's not that hard at all my friend. You can have it send a channel/patch change message, say, via a specified midi channel, or change it via the midi-logic expressed in the manual for CC commands. I do it through snap-shot states.

I was looking at this video and it looks pretty simple to do w/o snapshots. Maybe set it up with the command, hold the button in on the SYN2 (which is kind of a "learn" button?" and that would do it? Does that make sense?

ricky said:
I was looking at this video and it looks pretty simple to do w/o snapshots. Maybe set it up with the command, hold the button in on the SYN2 (which is kind of a "learn" button?" and that would do it? Does that make sense?

You can do it that way; Send a preset change command, change the channel on the syn 1/2 to the preamp channel you want, and click save. Or you can can set up the CC (continous controller commands) of which you'll need four of set up if you have two modules... on second thought, forget that, the easier route for you sounds like it's best just to set up preset change commands and use snapshots to go back and forth between channels. :)