SYN2 with Helix MIDI

Area for the Synergy line of amps and modules
ricky
Lynch Box

SYN2 with Helix MIDI

Post by ricky » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:01 pm

Anyone out there using the SYN2 with a Helix that could help me with a MIDI question? It involves using the Helix to change channels in a dual module using a foot switch.
thanks
rick

RipperShred
RM20

Re: SYN2 with Helix MIDI

Post by RipperShred » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:09 am

ricky wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:01 pm
Anyone out there using the SYN2 with a Helix that could help me with a MIDI question? It involves using the Helix to change channels in a dual module using a foot switch.
thanks
rick
It's not that hard at all my friend. You can have it send a channel/patch change message, say, via a specified midi channel, or change it via the midi-logic expressed in the manual for CC commands. I do it through snap-shot states.

ricky
Lynch Box

Post by ricky » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:18 am

I am a diagnosed midiot though.

ricky
Lynch Box

Post by ricky » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:37 pm

I was looking at this video and it looks pretty simple to do w/o snapshots. Maybe set it up with the command, hold the button in on the SYN2 (which is kind of a "learn" button?" and that would do it? Does that make sense?

RipperShred
RM20

Post by RipperShred » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:55 pm

ricky wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:37 pm
I was looking at this video and it looks pretty simple to do w/o snapshots. Maybe set it up with the command, hold the button in on the SYN2 (which is kind of a "learn" button?" and that would do it? Does that make sense?
You can do it that way; Send a preset change command, change the channel on the syn 1/2 to the preamp channel you want, and click save. Or you can can set up the CC (continous controller commands) of which you'll need four of set up if you have two modules... on second thought, forget that, the easier route for you sounds like it's best just to set up preset change commands and use snapshots to go back and forth between channels. :)