5751 v1 of COD

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried a 5751 in the PI and in V1 of several mods. Almost always went back to a 12AX7 after a few weeks.

My results have been that the 5751 in V1 will add some clarity and remove some hair from the tone which sounds like what you are after. It's a cheap and easy mod to do and completely reversible so give it a shot!

Thanks for your input. Yeah, It can't hurt to try one out, and the JJ or Tung Sol 5751 aren't that much compared to a NOS Jan Phillips.

I found a post on the Rig-talk forum, which had a lot of module talk back in the day, there were some guys running 5751's in both slots of the COD. I just what to get it to cleanup just a tad in channel 1 for more of a bluesy clean tone. Love the OD in channel 2 singing smooth distortion.

Axisman5150 said:
Has anyone tried a lower gain 12ax7 like a 5751 in the V1 slot of the COD to lower the gain?
Thoughts...

Have run a JANGE 5751 in v1 of the COD forever, clears it up a bit.

Axisman5150 said:
Found a good price for a GE 5751 Triple Mica Black Plate and I might get a Tung-Sol 5751 to compare.

I have 4 or 5 of the GE's. Have not tried any other 5751. Let us know if you can hear a difference.

I received the GE 5751 and it's a keeper in V1. It did tame the highs,much smoother than the JJ803 which is also a good tube but not in the COD. The lower gain setting on channel 1 is right where I want it now. Channel 2 sounds great and has plenty of gain as long as it's not past 3 oclock. It's starts to squeal after that. Usually, I don't run my gain that high anyways.

This is the first time I've bought NOS tubes. May have to find a good one for V1 of the Mod50.