BEST MIDI foot-controller?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Those of you that USE Rack FX processors for your MTS amplifiers I have a question. What MIDI foot-controller is good in your book?

Highly debatable topic... you'll probably get recos for everything from the mega-Axess Electronics unit to the Behringer FCB1010 and everything in between.

Personally, I really like the old DMC Ground Control units... relatively flexible, easy to program, phantom powerable, generally durable/reliable, and can be had on the cheap ($100-150 used depending on software version and condition). I used one of these with my RM4 rig (and another with my Triaxis rig back in the day). The Rocktron MIDIMate is close second in terms of features, ease of use, and price... I'm currently using a MIDIMate with my M4 rig.

--B

Midimate, Thats Rocktron right?
I'm thinking what ever works best for my TC G Major and Im game!
I'm very New with Midi!

The best hands down is the Axess Electronics FX1 it's also the most expensive. The midi in the Randall and Egnater's is designed by Mario at Axess Electronics BTW.

I agree that their is no beating the axess stuff as far as build quality and features, but they're not cheap, and may be overkill for what you're trying to do. The midimate is more then adequate for most people, and pretty cheap to boot...I would suggest you give it a shot.

The MIDIMate is a great compromise between price (not much), size (small) and power (a lot). About the only minus is that the buttons aren't as good as those found on the more expensive controllers. Moving up from there the Ground Control Pro is good, and the Axess controller is great but the most expensive.

I have used a GCP w/ a RM4 and actually have one on the way to use w/ my rig. They are pretty easy to program once you figure out who the menus work. It should be great for your G-Major since you can control the FX like stomp boxes.

I use the Ground Control Pro with my RM100 and it works great. Also its not to hard to figure out how to use it. Plus i think its built well

I haven't used my Ground Control Pro yet but I'm in the process of setting everything up now. I just moved my pedals off the floor and into a rack drawer. I also have a G-Major and would like the ability to use either my pedals, the G-Major, or both, as well as be able to switch channels on my RM100 head. So I also put a GCX Switcher in the rack. Like I said, just got the pedals mounted in the rack and and now I need to wire up and program everything.

I got my Ground Control Pro and GCX up and running with my pedals in a rack drawer! Woohoo :D It cleaned up the floor in front of me with no cables or power supplies on the ground except for cables in/out of the Wah pedal. The Ground Control Pro is phantom powered by the midi cable so even that has no power supply plugged in in front of me. The pedals now run through the GCX loops and when not in use its just like having my guitar plugged directly into the front of my RM100, not using the loops out back any more. I also have a Korg rack tuner in one loop which mutes the sound on stage when tuning. Right now I'm using the top four switches to turn on/off the individual pedals as if they were in front of me in true stomp box fashion. Next I'm going to program some patches to control multiple pedals simultaneouly as well as do the amp channel switching so I don't even need to use the factory Randall footswitch any more. I might even set up my acoustic amp for piezzo equipped guitars and use the GCX for A/B/Y switching of the amps. Tons of potential with the Ground Control Pro and GCX combo!