Im about to make the commitment

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muskpsmesane

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im about to make the commitment to randall. Im about $30 away from getting me the rm100m. No modules yet but just the head itself. I have played the amp once at a friends house loaded with the xtc and clean modules. I was impressed with the clean but wasnt impressed with the xtc. It sucks cause there are no dealers in va. Im looking for metallica black album tone/diecast tone with my gains and mark tremonti kinda of sound with my cleans. Anyways iv been going through this forum for a while now. Im making the switch from the first decent amp to finding "that tone" and getting the piece of equipment i will be using for a long time coming. From reading all on the forums, and posting what im looking for, im pretty sold on the 1086 for my gains and the blackface for my cleans. And i still have the space for one more. Anyways heres the rig im looking at completing. Rm100m with blackface and 1086, bbe sonic max stomp, line 6 mod, echo, and filter pro effects processors, korg tuner, furman power conditioner, 2 space rack drawer, mxr smart gate, shure wireless system, sliding shelf, and i need to get a floorboard to control everything. Iv been looking for "that tone" and the piece of equipment for about 2 years coming now, and didnt want to get anything i would regret. Iv had people push me towards line 6 pods to peavy 5150s to b52s to randalls and to mesa rectifiers. Why do you favor randall in your opinion? Anyways i wanted to get some thoughts on that rig and but mainly on the randall gear seeing how im about to make the commitment to the rm100. Thanks guys,
devin

I really love mine a lot. It covers all of the bases with ease and its really flexible if your tastes ever change. Id suggest the top boost mod to round out your set beacuse its a nice mid gain sound.

-dave

I started using the RM50B with blackface and plexi at first because it was the first amp that I heard that sounded significantly better than my previous amp (and Egnater amp also). Now I'm pretty much in love with the blackface for clean, the TopBoost for mid gain, and the TopBoost with an OCD pedal in front of it for high gain.

The only thing I might consider changing is to get an RM4 so that I can have 4 (or 6 if I go nuts) modules, but I'm not sure that it's entirely necessary given the tones that I can get out of these two.

I love mine. I play metal and went from Randall solid state amps over to the RM100M. I currently have the Recto, SL+, Ultra Lead, & Clean modules. The Recto covers the newer style detuned metal very nicely and I like the SL+ for the older style 80's through 90's metal and for an all around lead module. Clean sounds great with some reverb and/or chorus but I'm gonna try and score a Blackface instead. These amps are obviously very versitile with the different modules available and they do sound different from each other. There are tons of nice amps out there but you are going to be locked into one sound. At least with this amp you can go out and get another module and have a totally different tone. Another plus is being able to bias the amp yourself in minutes. There are limitless possibilities when you start experimenting with different power and preamp tubes as well.