• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: RGP-1000 Preamp and RRM-2-80 Poweramp....OLD SCHOOL!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayDA

Reaction score
Little known fact...I was actually a Randall fan before MTS. I've had tons of RG100s, Century heads and the like over the years. This old "blueface" stuff is my favorite. It's sturdy gear, and made in the USA. It ain't pretty....but you'd be hard pressed to do better for the money these days. Anyone else like this stuff? I'm not looking to give it away, but I'd listen to trades and offers. I would sell both pieces for 300 bucks shipped/paypal gift.

The preamp is quite rare, I see one or two a year on eBay, but they're uncommon....especially with a footswitch that works. Both channels are identical and have independent: Gain, Volume, Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence, Reverb, Chorus Speed, Chorus Depth, and switches for Bright and "Sustain and Gain Boost". What's even weirder is that you can turn both channels on at the same time, it's odd but it's factory correct, my other one does it too. It's 100% solid state, and has a footswitch that turns each channel on and off, as well as turns the chorus on and off for each channel.

The poweramp is 80 watts per side, and is fucking LOUD, sounds great with an RM4 as well. Nice tight low end for days, a real sleeper.

You want DIME tone in a box, slap an eq in the loop of this pre, and prepare to be amazed. They're built like a brick shithouse, and probably weigh 50 pounds combined. I actually played gigs with this rig 16 or 17 years ago, and it held it's own. There is a reason Def Lep and other 80's bands loved this old school Randall gear, because it kicks ***. Does a great JCM120 imitation as well, chorus sounds really great....think "And Justice for All" clean tones.

They're cosmetically beat, but structurally perfect, and every switch and knob works as it should. These sat in a rack with an old green face Furman PQ3 for years, and I could never bring myself to sell them. I actually have two of both units, and I want to expand my studio, so I figured I'd clear out some stuff I'm not using.

5d8113248c897e63466c4f270b053c47_zps9ec3678b.jpg

a810862ebfb83b778fef9f99ad3d81ed_zpscb40ea78.jpg

bd5319906c70ace15f71b3dd3b1f6f1c_zps34ec667b.jpg

0391087a4f3ed0ae9ab7ee8525fe18a0_zps317c4723.jpg

The RRM 2-80 was also rebranded as the Rockman PA 220 power amp. Very few were made.

I'm using a RRM 2-80 for my wet effects in my WDW rig.