Syn 1 Boss Nextone.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drewwright

Reaction score
Has anyone looked into, or tried a syn1 or 2 through a boss nextone amp?
Interesting idea if you can access the power tube selection feature of the amp whilst using the synergy preamps.

Doesn’t make much sense to me to pony up all the dollars for a tube preamp system, to then run it through a solid state power amp with digital modelling..

I thought it would be interesting to have an analog preamp with simulated power amp section to match to the Preamp with on the fly.
Nice light rig also.

Drewwright said:
I thought it would be interesting to have an analog preamp with simulated power amp section to match to the Preamp with on the fly.
Nice light rig also.

Well man if you buy it, let us know how you like it. Honeymoon period 'n all ;)

Had not heard of the Nextone, looked it up, interesting idea, kind of a poor man's modeling version of a Mesa Road King with different power tube types, I'm skeptical at that price point but didn't dig further.

If you didn't already pull the trigger, there's widely available (new and used) lower end tube 1x12 combos with loops that would be worth considering, Egnater Tweaker 40, (43 Lbs vs 30 for the Nextone), Peavey Classic 30, Blackstar HT Club 40, Bugera V22, etc. Hughes & Kettner if you want built in effects (Switchblade 50 would be best bang for the buck, bit heavier).