Most versatile Marshall style Synergy module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lebobl

Reaction score
Hey, all! Looking for some opinions on the most versatile Marshall style Synergy module. I'd like to be able to cover tones such as early Van Halen, Guns N' Roses, up to heavier 80s and 90s rock (Ozzy, Alice and Chains, Motley Crue).

Not sure if I should go with the 800, the Plexi, or the Metroplex. I already have the SLO module, so I'm not looking for that style of gain. Wanting more of a classic Marshall sound.

Thanks so much for your recommendations!

I was not a fan of the Plexi when I owned it. I confess, I seem to be in a minority with that opinion. However, I really like the BE side of the BB/BE! It sounds more "brown" and less plastic. If you want a clean channel as well, the BB is pretty cool! I have the HBE as well, and I like it--but that seems closer to the SLO. I am also interested in the 800 and the Metropoulos... probably give in one of these days!
Peter

I respectfully disagree. I think the Plexi is incredible. I have the Plexi, BEBB, and 800. Each are similar, but have distinct differences. I like each for different songs, so I'm not sure I'm helping in any way. Personally, the Plexi is my favorite of the 3.

Thanks for all the replies! Maybe I should just go with the Salvation Audio Banned module for pure versatility. It supposedly covers Plexi, 800, Brown sound, and JVM in one module via 2 separate toggle switches. Wonder how it stacks up with those Synergy modules head to head?

Man for the tones you have listed the BE or BEBB module is the one for you. Thats the stuff I play and the BEBB nails it.

Yeh the clean channel is awesome. It has to be the most versatile module for sure.

The dirty...... It totally nails GNR if you roll off a bit of bottom with a pedal on the way in. And a bit of a treble push. In fact all the 80’s tones can be had with that module by either going straight in or by manipulating the signal going in. I use a Jackson Audio Prism which is an awesome clean boost and eq in one.

I'm currently running the BE/BE and SLO modules, and so far it has been the most versatile combination for me, I'm covering the same tones you described. The BB is a great clean channel and takes dirt pedals well allowing further versatility....