NAMM and Modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skracus said:
The Vai signature module sounds really good. I've never been much into Vai either. Great player and all I just never gravitated to his eccentric style. All that said I purchased the module based on this demo.

https://youtu.be/nir1GcecooY

After watching John Browne's demo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCQai5fFMTA) I am pretty comfortable with passing on the Vai module. As he says "I don't have anything negative to say about it... it probably wouldn't work for the style of music I play" Seems like a unique sound that isn't covered by their existing modules though, so I'm glad they're making it even if it isn't my cup of tea.

Bogner modules available on the 12th and the Powerball the 26th, according to guys I got my VAI from.

I've been playing with the Vai module for a few days now. I don't have anything bad to say about it. It's a different beast to be sure. More on the fuzz side of things. A bit noisier than other modules on the red channel. I'm going to keep it as another flavor but I don't think it gets a seat in my gigging rig.

I really wish Friedman would announce an HBE/BE module; sort of like the BE/BB (which looks to be amazing) but with two kinds of dirt.. Maybe someday.... That would be awesome with two EQs.

I am definitely digging this two EQ trend on the newer modules, too. I am really eager to hear the Ecstasy.

Bump, since the bogners and new engl are out in the wild until supply runs out.

Anybody want to share?

I managed to get all 3 before things slowed, I was impressed. I have (and had) comparable mods to compare them to and I have to vote for synergy.

skracus said:
KernelSanders said:
Really looking forward to all of these... except the Vai signature, but then again I've never been into signature gear or Vai.

The Vai signature module sounds really good. I've never been much into Vai either. Great player and all I just never gravitated to his eccentric style. All that said I purchased the module based on this demo.

https://youtu.be/nir1GcecooY

But man I really really hate that green. I'd pay to have it the standard synergy color.

I have to say, I'm not much of a Vai fan (really truly appreciate his skill, but couldn't get into his music), but the module is really nice and versatile. From clean to even some higher gain, it's clear and responsive. The red channel is SUPER bass heavy and the bass control doesn't really do much from about 3-10, but sounds so good as a lead tone. I also like using the red channel as a 'crunch' with lower gain paired with my higher gain SLO sound. Really cool combo.

Oh yeah, the green kinda drives me crazy too...

Elric said:
I really wish Friedman would announce an HBE/BE module; sort of like the BE/BB (which looks to be amazing) but with two kinds of dirt.. Maybe someday.... That would be awesome with two EQs.

I am definitely digging this two EQ trend on the newer modules, too. I am really eager to hear the Ecstasy.

I would love one of those with the missing extra switches (Saturation, and Fat switches for sure. The C45 bright switch doesn't do that much and if there's no space could live without it) He could call it the HBE "Deluxe" mod :D

warmachine67 said:
Bump, since the bogners and new engl are out in the wild until supply runs out.

Anybody want to share?

I managed to get all 3 before things slowed, I was impressed. I have (and had) comparable mods to compare them to and I have to vote for synergy.

I didn't care for the Ecstasy, though that's not terribly surprising considering I haven't liked any of the Ecstasy modules I've owned (or even the actual 101B head).

The Uberschall is great, however. Channel 1 is fairly tight and cutting, like the Twin Jet it's meant to emulate, while Channel 2 is much darker and looser like the original version or Rev 2. Both have that "chewy" feel and organic tonal quality that Bogner is known for, along with abundant gain and low end.

Channel 2 of the Powerball is one my favorite heavy tones of all time, in or out of the modular realm--very tight, very aggressive, and very modern-sounding. There's a preposterous amount of gain available, though I prefer an external boost pedal to using the built-in boost switch. Through a Mesa oversized 4x12, it's absolutely crushing.

As for Channel 1 of the PB, I've been using it as a clean tone, and it works fine in that capacity when properly dialed.

Looking forward to the Fryette module(s). Overall, Synergy seems to be moving (slowly) in the right direction.

ned said:
And Fryette Pitbull (with graphic EQ)

I'm so happy to see this, not only because I've wanted a Pittbull for a quarter-century, but because the graphic EQ (a must for representing the Pittbull) gives me hope of one day seeing a (official or not) Boogie Mark series module with the graphic EQ that's so essential to that amp, too.

I’ve been reading through and was wondering if we had an ETA for the Pitbull? (Maybe I missed it) and that graphic eq looks amazing!

Does anyone here actually have the Deliverance module? I made the mistake of believing Synergy's 6-26 release date and pre-ordered one, but it has thus far failed to materialize. (Sigh)

I happened to check American Musical Supply the day synergy made the announcement on Facebook and happen to order one before they sold out which was in a few hours. Had it about a week now.

Before I checked AMS, I had emailed my Sweetwater rep who didn’t know anything about them.

I think synergy had (or has) then available for sale.

I put one in preorder today at Sweetwater for 339 free shipping but no date as to when it will arrive.

warmachine67 said:
I happened to check American Musical Supply the day synergy made the announcement on Facebook and happen to order one before they sold out which was in a few hours. Had it about a week now.

Before I checked AMS, I had emailed my Sweetwater rep who didn’t know anything about them.

I think synergy had (or has) then available for sale.

Do you have any clips of what it sounds like?

Fortunately I do not, and you wouldn’t want to hear me playing it.

I will say the videos on YouTube are pretty accurate to what I hear with my ears. However, I have seen a few that don’t really understand the way the presence and depth switching works, so ignore that part.

The sounds and tones are spot on to me at least.