Anyone heard any news on anything new coming out???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Module

Reaction score
I know Synergy is very quiet about things but come on guys a hint of anything new in the works?? I am worried about the stability of this company as they never seem to answer any support questions despite I have already dropped some serious bucks on my rig and more to come. I would like some reassuring this company is long term and is going to be there for us in the years ahead. I love this stuff I want them to do well and grow.

Not sure if you heard or read that there was a massive fire
at their operation. So I would imagine they are more concerned about getting the operation rebuilt. My guess it would be a while before working on new products

I was under the impression that it was more of a warehouse fire, and the primary building was next door anyway. Was that incorrect?

Bunping this to say i REALLY want an Orange rockerverb module. Its like really the last preamp i could honestly want not available already!

RM - Correct. There was some smoke damage I believe but most of the fire was contained to the business that shares the building with BAD.

There was some chatter in August on The Gear Page Synergy thread that some anonymous insider claimed that several new modules and "new hardware" are coming in "several months." Another used said that Dave Friedman put something on one of his Tone Talks that there was another Friedman module in the works.

I'm personally very interested in what "new hardware" (not modules) would consist of, that could be anything- maybe a 4 slot SYN-4 ala the Randall RM-4, a 3 slot head like a RM100/MOD100, a mono rack power amp, who knows. Maybe OD/distortion pedals similar to what Friedman does? I don't know if those Friedman pedals are manufactured in the same B.A.D. facility as the Synergy/Friedman amps, if so, would be relatively easy to produce pedals in same form factor, branded with some of the Synergy/BAD module partners like Fryette/Morgan - I have heard nothing specific, just speculating.

There's a long history of delays even after Synergy announced upcoming modules, so I have not got my hopes up about a vague internet forum rumor. Relocating everything to a new manufacturing facility after the fire does not increase my confidence that we'll see new things any time soon, I'd be very happy to be wrong.

I think those might actually be my posts you are referencing. Nobody has officially confirmed anything, though. I had reached out to Synergy directly on August 13th, asking them if they'd be willing to say what modules they have coming up. They replied right away, and said:

"Glad you are loving the system.
We can't really talk about upcoming modules, as it ruins our marketing efforts... but rest assured, we have some KILLER modules AND new Hardware coming up in the next several months.
Thanks for being part of the SYNERGY Family!"

Totally fair, and understandable. It's always worth a try! So, we started talking on the Gear Page Synergy thread and the EGNATER/SYNERGY/Randall MTS FB page, about what the modules could be, and what kind of modules we'd all like to see. So, what could they be? Here's what we know, and it isn't a lot:

• Peter Diezel stated on the Rig Talk forum that a Diezel Herbert module is "in progress." This was on August 8th, 2020. You can find this very easily. So, that could very well be one of them.
• Dave Friedman has allegedly claimed one of them is his, but I have not actually seen the video where he says this. Several people claim to have, though.
• In response to people claiming that there was supposed to be a Tone King Imperial module, but it got canceled, Bruce Egnater replied and said "The Tone king is not dead yet. Still under development."
• Synergy themselves responded to the thread, and said "We will be launching two new modules before end of the year and several more are in the final stages of development."

Everything beyond that is just guessing. We know stuff is coming, but not what, and there are no specific dates. Lots of rumors about a Bogner Shiva, and plenty of wishlists for this, that and the other thing. I've got a long list myself. One of the members on that FB page did find out what two of the upcoming modules are, but he won't let it slip. Also completely understandable. He did confirm for me that neither of the ones he is aware of is any kind of Soldano or CAE 3+SE module. I didn't want to bug him any further than that.

As for what the hardware could be, that's even more of a mystery.

I really wish I knew, since I am trying to plan out my purchases. Like, should I buy a second Syn-2? If they drop a Syn-4 like a few weeks later, I'll probably feel a little silly. Do I want to have Salvation do a few crazy mods and custom modules for me, if Synergy is about to drop exactly the kind of modules I'm looking for? This, coupled with the fact that I'm impatient in general, is what is fueling my desire to know what's coming. But, I've found out all that can be found out. We just have to wait, basically.

Synergy IIc+ module in the works as well, according to a recent post on RigTalk. Herbert, IIc+, and two others.

A Syn-4 and something along the lines of an RT2/50, and I'd pretty quickly find myself back in the modular game :)

Mike Nielsen posted a YouTube video on his channel yesterday demonstrating the Diezel Herbert. It sounds killer, to say the least.

My apologies, I don't know how to embed in this forum.

https://youtu.be/JtfsSbkuzo0

I just want a SYN-2 or SYN-4 with a more robust DI out. Built in customizable/loadable IR or cab sims please. Something akin to the Two-Notes in the Revv G/D20 stuff.

2C+

FWceOEg.jpg

Herbert:

6ok7S5V.jpg

The Diezel Herbert is already available and shipping

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SYN-DIEZELHER--synergy-diezel-herbert-2-channel-preamp-module?mrkgadid=3331288082&mrkgcl=28&mrkgen=gpla&mrkgbflag=0&mrkgcat=guitars&acctid=21700000001645388&dskeywordid=92700046938600391&lid=92700046938600391&ds_s_kwgid=58700005283398296&ds_s_inventory_feed_id=97700000007215323&dsproductgroupid=523574030391&product_id=SYN-DIEZELHER&prodctry=US&prodlang=en&channel=online&storeid=&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&adpos=largenumber&locationid=9061093&creative=332063179656&targetid=pla-523574030391&campaignid=1708733951&awsearchcpc=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqKuKBhCxARIsACf4XuGcZhw_wKkfTjlt73817lGHlYTkgzZSqRwUSBT23JutjtUa84zSJKsaAhcOEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Dave Friedman said on tone talk that he is working on a BE Deluxe module.
Hopefully it's a plexi clean/BE channel.

https://youtu.be/t2NjbT9nmn8?t=2793

https://youtu.be/t2NjbT9nmn8?t=4781

B. Ste said:
I would so buy a SYN 4 with 4 slots 🙈

Same here. I'm waiting to see if something like that gets released before I get anything synergy

Sorry for the necro.

On the MTS Facebook group, Synergy posted some new stuff's coming out on April 4th this year.

Does anybody have any idea what this could be? Some folks hinted at a SYN-4 module - curious if there's any revision to their SYN tube heads

Sorry for the necro.

On the MTS Facebook group, Synergy posted some new stuff's coming out on April 4th this year.

Does anybody have any idea what this could be? Some folks hinted at a SYN-4 module - curious if there's any revision to their SYN tube heads
it seems BE deluxe