George Lynch - Sam Ash Cincinnati Guitar Clinic

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimosity

Reaction score
So I arrived at George's clinic a little late, so I missed the first part...but here's some of my thoughts...

George played the Lynch Box head and cab, obviously...His module selection was (from left to right) Brahma (which appeared to be the main one he was using), Grail, Mr. Scary (his Mr. Scary has a blue faceplate...can somebody tell me how his differs than stock ones or is it just a faceplate difference?)
No sign of a Super V in the house, which is the one Lynch module I don't own yet and was hoping to hear.

He played the LTD Tigers (which were one humbucker only, so that was a new one on me since I own several Lynch guitars...) and he played the GL-56 as well.

He had a drummer and bassist from the audience get up and jam with him, which was a pretty awesome thing to do for those guys...the rest of the time, he played along with pre-recorded backing tracks.

My buddy was there before I and told me that his new album is coming out next year and I think he told me George played a track or two from it and word is that it was pretty whip ***.

George's playing was awesome...
From where I was standing, it sounded like the amp had a blanket over it sometimes, but in general it was a good tone...

He plugged into a few pedals on the floor (see pic below - sorry for the quality, it was my crappy camera phone) and his signal appeared to be:
Guitar -> Boss DD-5 Delay -> Fulltone Deja Vibe -> MXR Phase 90 -> Keeley Time Machine Boost -> Budda Budwah -> Lynch Box

I remembered that I had my digital recorder with me, so I recorded audio from the event; see the MP3s below... Not the best quality but it's worth a listen.

Like I said, I missed the first half of the clinic, but the first three tracks are with the drummer/bassist from the audience. The last track is one he used a backing track for. George's playing and improvised soloing over some Dokken classics showed he's still got the shred...His playing is better now than it's ever been I think.

Anyways; here's the crappy pics and audio from the clinic.

STREAMING AUDIO
TRACK 01 - Breaking The Chains
TRACK 02 - Tooth And Nail
TRACK 03 - JAM
TRACK 04 - INSTRUMENTAL

DOWNLOAD MP3s (Please RIGHT-CLICK and save)
TRACK 01 - Breaking The Chains
TRACK 02 - Tooth And Nail
TRACK 03 - JAM
TRACK 04 - INSTRUMENTAL

Very awsome bro... really... thanks for posting the pics and audio.
Allways good to hear from the other Lynch fans out there.
George is allways getting better and the audio you shared is abundant proof of that.

The one pick up LTD Tigers are one off LTD for the sam ash clinics.
They are Kamikaze bodies with the bengal tiger graphic and i believe they have the Super V pick up instead of the Scremin Demon. Likly a cool gtr to own as they will be very ltd.

What Lynch guitars do you own?

Craig

The LTD Tigers are in the new circular that Sam Ash is sending out; looks like they are about $840ish... It said they had a Duncan Screamin' Demon and a real Floyd....

As for Lynch guitars that I own:
ESP Kamikaze IV Custom Shop
P3010110.JPG

ESP Serpent
P3010084.JPG

ESP Skulls & Snakes
ss.jpg

LTD Sunburst Tiger
P3010117.JPG

I used to own these; but sold them...
ESP Tiger
ESP Kamikaze I
ESP Serpent II (this one hurt to get rid of...)
5.jpg