Randall Customer Service get's an A+

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooter

Reaction score
I called Randall yesterday to get some answers about a bunch of little things regarding my new MTS combo/cab rig. A fella named Stacey was very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. I didn't have to go through a ton of button pressing or waiting on hold. Precisely what "Customer Service" should be!

Nice job Randall! 8)

I've had very good luck with Randall CS whenever I've contacted them...

When my RM4 was shipped without tubes, I e-mailed them and they sent me a handful of 12AX7's along with a catalog, stickers, other amp candy.

Then when I needed a new "channel select" button for my RM100C, I called, and they sent a replacement button assembly out for free.

Overall, no complaints! Based on my personal experience, seems up there with Mesa's service and far ahead of Hughes & Kettner's!

--B

My CS story with Randall wasn't so good. I called and had about 5 questions written down so I wouldn't forget anything... I think he was able to answer one... MAYBE. The guy was basically telling me stuff like "you don't know what your're talking about" or "uhh, I really don't know" and when I asked him if he could transfer me to someone who might know, he said they wouldn't?? What's the deal with that? Maybe they've turned it around since then, but at the time I was truly disappointed. A+ for them if they have changed though, that's good to hear! :)

When I got my RM4's, I initially bought two of them, then realized a slight lag in delay time when switching channels via midi.
I contacted Randall and told them what was happening and asked if they had any suggestions to improve the switching time when changing channels via MIDI. They consulted Bruce Egnater and decided that I needed a chip replaced in my RM4 to change the switching time from 50ms to 10ms. Since I owned 2 RM4's, they sent me two chips, I replaced them and then everything worked incredibly well!

Before the grailtone site had the mods for the MTS modules online; I wrote to Bruce asking him some questions about modifying some of the tones I was getting from a couple of the modules.
He gave me a very thorough rundown of how to mod them; including one extra chip replacement than the grailtone site indicates (as far as I can tell). He and I talked via email back and forth quite a few times and was extremely helpful in me getting my RM4 to sing the way I wanted it to.

A+ for Randall getting my issue resolved quickly.
A+ for Bruce Egnater for being great all around.

jimosity said:
He gave me a very thorough rundown of how to mod them; including one extra chip replacement than the grailtone site indicates (as far as I can tell).

Ok, let the cat out of the bag.......what is the extra chip mod and what does it do? :D

Let me search thru my old emails to find what he sent me and compare it to the mods on Grailtone and I'll let ya know.
My mail is on my laptop, which is in the car right now, I'll get back to ya.

I wish l had a better story to tell regarding Randall and their customer support. But l thought l'd tell my story.

About a year ago l bought the RM 4 and RT2/50, in the shop it sounded great even when l bought it home plug it in, it sounded great, but this is where my trouble started, l tried setting up the midi, and it didn't work whatsoever, it ended up being the midi was set to the wrong channel on the preamp, which was fine and an easy fix, but l never got the midi to work on the Power Amp, but l gave up, and after trying to contact Randall, they either ignored my problem or just couldn't help me. then after about a week of owning it, both the power amp and Preamp, started to blow fuses and tubes. So l sent it back for repairs, after a couple of months, l get it back, all working fine apartently, l did an extensive playing through it to make sure it was working alright, then after a week, once again, it started blowing fuses and tubes, l tried to contact Randall to talk to them directly about it, l've yet to receive a reply from them, so once Randall couldn't help me, l called the store l bought it from, told them what happened (again), the guy said he'd have to send it off for repairs (again), after l said a few "kind" words to him, and threatened them that l would speak to a lawyer regarding this, he said he would give me my full refund.

Even though l think the MTS series is a great idea, l wouldn't buy another one again, after all teh money l spend on this thing and the way Randall treated me.

I'm glad the rest of you guy and girls have had no problems, with your Randall problems and tech support. I hope none of you have to go through what l went through.

I thought some of you might want to hear my story,

Cheers,

Riddick.