new to this board v2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rottingcorpse

Reaction score
over the past 2 years i have bought 3 of the v2 heads(one new,one ebay,and a white one that was supposed to have belonged to someone at randall). i am very happy with the heads(duh,i bought 3),and even though i get crap from my bros with engl,framus,whatever....i will probably buy another for my son. anyway,i have questions for those that have these heads...
why does everyone keep saying 400 watts? it says on the back 200 into 8 ohms and 300 into 4 ohms. nobody is running 2 ohm cabs are they?
the tube preamp makes more noise than my ex-wife. i had to get rid of her. has anyone else used a gate in the loop to cut it down? if so,what are you using? i have had to resort to a super hot pickup(duncan hm live wire) and a boost to be able to backoff the gain in the head to get a cruchy sound without so much preamp noise.
i am supposed to be able to link the heads together with the midi cables. but i came from the old 80's thrash era when we used a rack full of stuff(and a controller for the turning on/off of effects). i want to use 1 stack as my "wet" stack with the eventide harmonizer,1 stack "wet" with the tc electronics for delay,and 1 stack "dry" all the time. then i would just "enable" the effects loop on the stack with the effects i want. obviously from what i read in the manuals,this can be done from one foot controller. with a wammy and a wah,it would be nice to only have the one 5 switch controller in front of me,running the show. i know one head is the master,and the others slave to it...but i'm lost.
i am splitting the signal in the most stupid way possible. i come out of the wammy into a chorus pedal,then split one side of the chorus with an a/b/y box. that way the 2 outside stacks(wet) have the same signal and are chorused against the center stack(dry). i do this so i can turn the loops on and use them as the on/off of the effects units. i know i would be better off using the eventide with its multiple outs for the chorus,but i am trying to avoid any potential problems in the back of the amp(if all goes wrong in the rack,i can just not switch on the effects loops).
****,did i just write all that gibberish? sorry for the long rant.