Please help T2 or V2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molotov

Reaction score
I am buying new amp these days... now I am exploring Randall amps. I am from Bosnia and I have one dealer who can deliver me Randall and give customer support.

Which of these to V2 or T2 will give me better sound for modern metal lo tuned sounds... I do not know, Bury Your Dead or Soulfly or HellYeah or similar.... I need raw, uncooked sound of guitar. I want it to bite... attack. I never cut mids and I like a lot bottom end and that?s why I'll probably buy 125 Randall cab for it.

And I forgot to tell that at the moment I use cheap Beringher BG412 cab, but pretty loud 400W or little bit less. How it would sound on this cab theese V2/T2

Help me please....

I have the T2, and have not played the V2. If you need lots of versatility of equalization you might want to go with the V2. But I love the T2 because every channel runs through the tube preamp. (on the V2 the clean and 1st overdrive channel are both solid state) The T2 is more versatile than people think. The only limitation is the lack of separate EQ's, which I don't really need. The amp might not sound that great with that beringer cab though. These amps have like 10x more bass than any other. Its crazy. You might also want to pick up a BBE sonic maximizer, because the T2 sounds a little mudddy with out it. The lows overpower the highs and mids without the BBE. With the BBE and a good 4x12 its quite an experience. These amps absolutely destroy any mesa boogie, crate, carvin, newer marshalls, peaveys (although I like the JSX alot).

Scratch that. The BBE sucks, I just had crappy speakers. I now have G12H30's and it sounds amazing. The BBE made it kind of thin, but I thought it was better with the older muddy *** speakers I had (Carvin British series 100 watts). The H30's sound great with it.

Finally, I ordered V2 head + 125 XC cab....... The problem is that I am buying it "On Blind" I have never had try it........ do not know why but I have feeling that it will be good sound for me....

If you, somebody have a minute or two, just check my band at www.myspace.com/antidopeband start song "Of the dead" and tell me can I produce and work with this head and cab on such a music genre?
Please?

I have Peavey Rotor Exp Limited guitar, I use 12-56 Ernie Ball strings.... low tuned D and 6th string droped to C..... mostly...

i have 3 of the v2 heads running into 6 of the 125 cabs. the tube preamp is pretty hissy,but you can run a gate thru the loop to cut it down. there is more gain there than you can use anyway,so back off the gain knob to about 75%. the solidstate preamp is quiet,and doesnt need a gate. if you want more bottom,you can get the isp guitar subwoofer.

rottingcorpse said:
i have 3 of the v2 heads running into 6 of the 125 cabs. the tube preamp is pretty hissy,but you can run a gate thru the loop to cut it down. there is more gain there than you can use anyway,so back off the gain knob to about 75%. the solidstate preamp is quiet,and doesnt need a gate. if you want more bottom,you can get the isp guitar subwoofer.
I never use so much gain..... or pre gain .... 75% is way to much .... and this beast looks mean.... all knobs I set at 12 o clock.... next week it will be mine, mine precious, and I will inform here about impression....