Twenty Channel Head

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely notice the "squishy" nature of the kit amp, too, which I assumed was due to the tube rectifier as well... I've had a handful of EL34 driven heads/combos over the years (all of which had SS rectifiers) and none of them exhibited the same feel as the JTM45. There are some days where I'm more into the effect than others. It's a pretty stark contrast, though, next to the Rocktron Vendetta I've got, which is super punchy.

--B

I played the kit amp again recently through lower power speakers. Didn't seem squishy at all. In fact, it sounded a lot like the EG3 channel. Go figure.

I guess I was wrong up above about the lower power mod 50 having 6L6s. According to the updated Egnater website, it must have been the 6V6s. All of the tube choices are listed now.

I keep meaning to make clips of all the modules and post them. I'll make that a project next month instead of twiddling my thumbs the week between Christmas and New Years.