New Egnater modules for 2007!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lhgriffin said:
Does any one know if you can get a COD single channel that can be used in the Randall 50 watt head? if not what current Randall module can be modded to be a COD?
What I want to do is have a Clean and a COD in the 50 watt head. I don' thing the Randal Head can take the COD Egnater dual.
KEEP ROCKIN THE RIGHT WAY!!!
I think it can but,you only get the first channel,and I believe that Jeff"hilly1212" can mod it to just use the second channel.

I got the COD last Winter. :D I was told it was basically a copy of the Dumble tone. 8) I set the channel 1 for clean and channel 2 for high gain, and went to it with my SG. :twisted: I was less than happy with the results. :(

But recently, I realized the two channels are not the same. :oops: Channel 1 is the classic Dumble tone, while channel 2 is something new. So I cranked up channel 1 to higher gain and went to it with my Les Paul.

WOW! :shock: It is a really open channel, and very responsive to touch/attack. With a lighter touch, I think it sounds like a Two Rock Custom Artist. With a heavier touch, it seems to take on the smoother tone of a cranked Bassman but with a little more sparkle and a little less mud, yet still very open, and not closed off like a Marshall. I can see why people like it. It is a whole spectrum of open tone at your fingertips.

Channel 2 is much more closed, but sounds a bit empty. Perhaps it is a lack of mids. But it does not chunk up no matter how the tone stack is manipulated. I don't like it with my SG or LP. But it strikes me that I still haven't tried this module with my Strat. Maybe channel 2 livens up with one of those. Expect an update. :wink:

Latest posts