Full rig pic...plus question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zack

Reaction score
web.jpg

Sweet right. My question is I now have three volume knobs in my signal path. Where should these be set? Module volume, M4, and power amp. I got it to sound great but wasn't sure if there was a rule of thumb.

Zack

Nice Rig. When I had the rack setup I had the best sound consistently setting the volumes like this:

Module: 11:00-12:00 depending on the modules output
Preamp: Cranked
Power Amp: Use this as master volume.

This setup responded most like a traditional head which I liked. Sounded the fullest and slams the power amp for the nice "bloom". Since it doesn't look like your using any digital efx in after the preamp, this should work well for you.

Just my $.02 but It worked well for me.

Hmm.
I've always heard it was best to crank the power amp...

I set my power amps at about 1 o'clock (which is dumb loud) and then use my M4 as my 'master' volume and set my modules accordingly.

I turn the master volumes on my M4s all the way up, and just use the master volume on the power amp (MOD50) as the master volume. So the individual gain and master controls for each module and the master volume on the power amp are the only volume controls that I ever adjust. But I can't turn the master volume on the power amp past about 1 o'clock without overpowering feedback.

http://www.geocities.com/tonesponge/EgnaterRig.html?1170011462115

Part of the reason I set the master volumes of the M4s all the way open is because I need the ouput from those modular preamp rack units to match up in level with the output from the MOD50 preamp. If I turned the master volumes down on the M4s, then I'd have to crank the master volumes on the individual modules to compensate, and I have them all the way open already on most of the clean channels. So I really don't have much choice.