RT 2/50 Vs. VHT 2/50/2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAbomb12

Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if anyone has heard a major different in sound quality between the Recommended RT 2/50 and the VHT 2/50/2 when using an RM4 preamp. I have heard that the VHT sounds better, but how much better? Is it worth it with the RT 2/50 to have 6L6 and EL34's + Midi capabilities; Or does the VHT just slaughter it?

Hey man,

Although I have personally never owned or even tried out the RT 2/50, I've heard that it had issues from a few people. That being said, I also know others who have owned theirs for a while and had no issues at all? Basically I'm not sure how the reliability is on the RT 2/50, but everyone that owned it told me it was a great power amp. Now, as for the VHT power amps I will say that from all the power amps I've tried out, the VHT HANDS DOWN murders the competition. (and no, I don't work for VHT or anything lol) Their stuff is top notch though, I'm switching to the Egnater M4 and plan on picking up the VHT 2/50/2 or 2/90/2 to go with it when I can afford to buy them both at the same time! I guess you would have to hear from people on here who had experience with the RT 2/50, but from my experience with the VHT I would say one vote here for the VHT power amps, they ROCK and sound incredible with the MTS gear! :D