Stereo Effects loop Input/Output

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAbomb12

Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any amp in the MTS or Egnater series of amps (or any combiation of M4/RM4 + Power Amp) that have Stereo Input/Output.

Allow me to explain why I need it so you can understand...

I have a Boss GT-8 digital effects processor. With the GT-8 there is a nifty little trick called the 4 cable method which allows you to use the GT-8 As a Preamp (when the GT8's effects loop is off) and then use it solely as an effects unit (bypassing its own preamp, and using your amp tone ). The method for doing this is as such...

Guitar--> GT8 Input
GT-8 FX SEND--> Amps Main (front) Input
Amps FX Send--> GT-8 FX Return
Main GT-8 OUT (Left/Mono)--> Amps FX Return.

However, the GT-8 is capable of outputing to stereo; infact there is a feature that allows two completely different amp models (clean and dirty for instance) to be run individually through the Left and The Right sides. Also, there are several effects (such as panning and stereo delay) that can't be done with an Amp with Mono inputs. In order to do this I need an amp that has a FX return Left/Right; or a power amp that has inputs for left and right (and can output to two cabinets in stereo of course).

Something like:

Guitar--> GT8 Input
GT-8 FX SEND--> Amps Main (front) Input
Amps FX Send--> GT-8 FX Return
Main GT-8 OUT (Left/Mono)--> Amps FX Return Left.
Main GT-8 OUT (Right)--> Amps FX Return Right.

anyways, if there anything in the Randall MTS or Egnater lines that offer something like this? Or am I SOL and can only use module amps with mono effects?

You'l have to get another rm pre or jack the boss sterio into the power amps 2nd channel.
Cheers!