Egnater modules in MTS heads?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juda0326

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm sure this has been talked about here, but I'd like to know if the Egnater modules fit and work in the Randall MTS heads? Does the Randall head sound as good as Egnater's with Egnater modules?
Thanks,
Juda

Either module fits and works in either head/ combo / rackmount (RM4 / M4). Egnater modules have 2 types, older single channel and dual channel. With the dual channel modules you will only be able to access the lower gain of the two channels (unless you get it modded to give you access to the higher gain channel). The single channel modules work without a hitch. I've got an old single channel Erect in my RM100. Keep in mind that Egnater are re-releasing their entire line of dual channel modules as single channel modules within the next few months.
Cheers
Damian

Thanks for the reply Damian. I take it from your response that you are or have been using the MTS heads. If that's the case, how would you compare MTS to Egnater, modules and heads?

Thanks,
Juda

Juda0326 said:
Thanks for the reply Damian. I take it from your response that you are or have been using the MTS heads. If that's the case, how would you compare MTS to Egnater, modules and heads?

Thanks,
Juda
Both are great but the Egnater stuff just sounds better,to me,more dimensional.If you have the dough,go with egnater,if not get the randall,can't go wrong either way.I think the customer service has kicked it up a notch which makes it easier to deal with now and it seems they have worked oput the bugs.Still two of the best amps I've owned :D

Again, thanks for the info. I kinda' like the 2 channel per module idea, so I'll have to save up for the Egnater.

Juda

jmgman70 said:
Juda0326 said:

Thanks,
Juda
Both are great but the Egnater stuff just sounds better,to me,more dimensional.If you have the dough,go with egnater,if not get the randall,can't go wrong either way.I think the customer service has kicked it up a notch which makes it easier to deal with now and it seems they have worked oput the bugs.Still two of the best amps I've owned :D
Hey Jason, How do you like the COD module, does it really have the Dumble (Carlton / Ford) tone?

Juda

I really like the COD,it is very different than anything I've played,as for the D%$#@& thing I really couldn't say for sure but it does have it's own thing going on.

RD/Steve said:
how do you like the g system? does it link up to the randall stuff well?
I have it in between the M4 and I think it is unbelievable,awesome piece of gear,it takes some tweeking but worth it.Match made in heaven :D

Juda0326 said:

Thanks,
Juda

Juda, I only have a RM100 and a mixture of Randall and Egnater modules. From my experience with my Randall modules and my one Egnater module. The Egnater stuff is awesome. Comparing side by side, the Egnater sounds warmer, fuller. Something more in the sound. If you can afford the Egnater, it's worth it. I probably will upgrade to the Egnater line at some stage. But more than happy with the tones I'm pulling from my RM100.
Cheers