T2 @ 16 Ohms?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bemymonkey

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if running the T2 into a 16 Ohm Cabinet is a problem... The Randall website only lists 2, 4 and 8 Ohms...

What's the wattage rating for 16 Ohms? (i.e. 2 is 500w, 4 is 400w...)...

Yeap, I have cheap Behringer BG412F straigh cab with power rating: 400 Watts into 16 Ohms mono, 2 x 200 Watts into 8 Ohms stereo.... and it can not hurt my V2 head. I have RS125CX cab but I have no nerves to transport it every rehearsal.... this Behringer I left in room....

But what is power at 16 Ohms? What is formula?
300W @ 4 ohms
200W @ 8 ohms
???W @ 16 ohms???
And how I can combine my Behringer and Randall cab? To let sigal through Behringer @ 16 ohms in/out to Randall 8 Ohms cab... but what I will get? Maybe better question is may I do it that way?

Being the fact that the amp is 2 ohm stable, you can run an 8 and 16 ohm cabs together. HOWEVER.....cabs won't be of equal volume. Ohms, when equal will actually be half when you run them together. Ex: 2 16 ohm cabs together will be an 8 ohm total load.....2 8's equal 4 ect. When running an 8 and 16 the total load will be 5.3 ohms. The amp will be fine, you'll just have to live with uneaqual volumes from the cabinets.