New owner

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrScary

Reaction score
actually i got my Rm100M head a few months ago. Guitar center had it used with a clean, ultra, and another ultra module in it for 1200. I showed them a musicians friend Ad that incorrectly showed it as 850 bucks loaded, so they had to sell it to me for that!

im looking to get a mr scary module.

my 3rd channel hold an ultra, like my 2nd channel. if I set them exacly the same, the 3rd channel is much louder. Is that be design, so channel 3 is always a lead channel?

No each slot is treated the same, for the purpose of swapping modules.

That is odd that one Ultra is louder than the other when set the same, are both a blackstripe version or silverface or is there one of each, if it is one of each that is problem the reason why cause of the updated capacitors on the blackstripe version.

also the tubes in each module could be the difference, have you tried swapping positions with the modules?
Also, one of the modules could have been modified...
Just throwing ideas out there...

found out the reason!
the louder module has 1 different pre amp tube.
it has one stock and one electro harmonix pre amp tube.

I had the same problem w/ an xtc module i ended up replacing one of preamp tubes in the module because on of them was bad... I had gotten the module for 115 bucks because it was defective. It just turns out it needed a new tube...