well crap, amp cutting out - known issue? HELP.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
My recently purchased RM100 has been cutting out randomly - doesn't blow a fuse, acts like I'm hitting the standby switch - volume just disappears. Comes back after a minute or so. Doesn't change channels (like a 'reset') Happened three times late last night while I was working with other issues. Thought at first it was my wireless cutting out, but ALL volume/noise goes away, and it also did it with a 'real' cord. Is this a known issue? Any ideas? Cold solder joint? (Hopefully) Thanks!

That sucks man, I have never had any issues like that. I know this is a stupid thing to ask but have you checked your power cord in the back to make sure it is pushed in all the way? I'm sure if it wasn't getting a good connection it could make it react like that.

trendkill1168 said:
That sucks man, I have never had any issues like that. I know this is a stupid thing to ask but have you checked your power cord in the back to make sure it is pushed in all the way? I'm sure if it wasn't getting a good connection it could make it react like that.

Yeah, the power lights and fan kept up at normal speeds - it really reminded me of clicking the standby switch more than anything. I think I'm going to drop the chassis tonight and see how the solder joints are in that area.

Pete

Wait until you see the inside of that thing. When I bought my head the first one was dead from the factory. I was so pumped up to hear it I figured I would open her up to make sure all the solder connections were OK before I went ahead and sent it back cuz I knew I would have to wait awhile for another one. Anyway, one of the things that concerned me was all the glass fuses that are inside these heads that you can't get to without opening them up. I figured if any of them ever blew I would have a hell of a time figuring out which one went bad. Hope it's an easy fix for you. Let us know how it goes.