Here's a tune I did using KH1, KH2, and KH3!!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
may I download them ( kh samples )?

another question for you.. :p as i have to wait for my purchase;

what if i chose to get a rack system instead of the 50W combo?
is it possible to order a new Rm-4 pre amp from the factory (or my dealer) with the KHs 3 modules leaving the 4th module empty?

then in terms of sound which solution is better for home playing?
a simple 50W combo amp ( the rm50b with the KH modeules in it, just 2 channels ) or a rack combination (as you mentioned me some days ago) as the RM4 + RT2-50 power amp thru a single cab speaker?

this in order to get a simple system to move and bring to rehearsal room too.

then, is it easyiest to get a cranked tubes tone with a rack system instead of a classic amp-combo or head?

cost apart i've always dreamed a rack setup :)

I'm going to put a Randall clips page together for all of the new amps this weekend and those clips will all be downloadable.

At this time we are not able to pre-load the RM4's when they leave the warehouse. Sorry :(

As far as what's better, that's kind of a though question. If you take price out of it I do like having the rack at home. It's a lot more versatile and for recording I like having a few different options. However, anyone here will tell you the RT2/50 is a BEAST. As much as I love the amp it doesn?t make it out of the house much unless it's for REALLY big gigs that I feel are worth it. For traveling around to gigs and practice I prefer a separate head and cab. It's easy to move and offers me plenty of different tonal options for what I need to do. There is a little bit of a tonal difference between the rack and head versions. The head seems to have a little extra low end while the rack seems clearer. Hope that helps.

thank you so much - so for home use you don't see the RM4 + RT2-50 a good choice, do you?

mainly i'll use it at home, if it is too loud...that's a problem

rack solution is more expensive than the combo 50W but not thinking about the price what do you suggest me?
i need something with the KH modules, so options are:

RM4 ( with kh1,3 modules) + RT2-50 + R112CB cab

or

rm50B ( with kh1,3modules)

On the contrary, I LOVE having the rack at home. I?ll always take clarity over low end. I can always turn the density up. There isn?t a CLEARER knob.

If you take price out of it I do like having the rack at home. It's a lot more versatile and for recording I like having a few different options.

RD/Rich said:
However, anyone here will tell you the RT2/50 is a BEAST. As much as I love the amp it doesn?t make it out of the house much unless it's for REALLY big gigs that I feel are worth it. For traveling around to gigs and practice I prefer a separate head and cab.

in fact i'm afraid it would too much loud for home

rack solution is more expensive than the combo 50W but not thinking about the price what do you suggest me?
i need something with the KH modules, so options are:

RM4 ( with kh1,3 modules) + RT2-50 + R112CB cab

or

rm50B ( with kh1,3modules)

I would say go rack just because it's sooooo flexable. You don't have to use both sides of the RT2/50 and actually if you are using a single 12 you can't. The cool thing is that you can have up to 8 different sounds between the 4 modules AND the switchable 6L6's and EL34's. Using the RT2/50 in switching mode isn't any louder than an RM50B.

used market is so poor in here...there's not that choice...i have to buy everything new.. :evil: i'm trying to sell everything in order to raise money :roll:

is it true a new RM4 is going to be released?
do you have a .pdf of it?

a Randalla dealer wrote me that 20 minutes ago
he said price will be the same but it'll be more complete

Rich, were you using 6L6 tubes in that example? How do the KH modules act with E34L or EL34's? Whats your personal preference?

Those were 6L6's in the clip. To tell you the truth I haven't played any of these through EL34's just because I'm not really a fan of their (the tubes) tone. I do think that the tubes would turn the modules into METAL SOLO MACHINES though. The upper mid cut of the EL34's would prbably mix nicely w/ the lower mid thunk of the modules.

only if you don't like deep chunky low end to be present in your tone :twisted:

i tried the kt-77 when i first got my rm100 and i didn't think they were as good as the the stock ruby el34's that it came with. i play extreme heavy metal so in that style is how i judge them. the 77's were cleaner with not as much break up as the el34 and the low end was slighlty deeper on the 77. but with the jj e34l and the jj kt-77 the low end was the same but the e34l sounded alot better in every way. the 77 seemed flat sounding. i prefer the 6l6 for what i do and i even went as far as the 6550 and the kt-88 both in quads and in combo's but for me i think 6l6's suit this amp best for brutal metal. but i'm sure the kt-77 would sound great for some, they are real close to an el34 anyway just a little cleaner is all i 'd say

maximus1 said:
i tried the kt-77 when i first got my rm100 and i didn't think they were as good as the the stock ruby el34's that it came with. i play extreme heavy metal so in that style is how i judge them. the 77's were cleaner with not as much break up as the el34 and the low end was slighlty deeper on the 77. but with the jj e34l and the jj kt-77 the low end was the same but the e34l sounded alot better in every way. the 77 seemed flat sounding. i prefer the 6l6 for what i do and i even went as far as the 6550 and the kt-88 both in quads and in combo's but for me i think 6l6's suit this amp best for brutal metal. but i'm sure the kt-77 would sound great for some, they are real close to an el34 anyway just a little cleaner is all i 'd say

I spent pretty much half of yesterday messing around with KT-77s and finally came to the conclusion that I prefer 6L6s..sure the KT77s are sweet in the mids but I miss the low end :D

SO, back to my TAD 6L6GC-STR. :twisted:

Hello Rich,

awesome tone, awesome tune, awesome player.
You wrote, that you use an Boss GT-Pro. How do you connect the Boss to the signal chain. Is this device able to handle the signal level in the effect loop? I am looking for an multi-effect-device that makes it possible to deliver resp. handles all effects for my playing. This should include effects position in front of the (pre-)amp and in the effect loops. This would make it possible to have an all-including rig in an 6-devices-high rack (rm4/rt250/Boss GT-Pro?).
Does anybody else knows a device with this features?
Would be very thankful for a reply.

Best regards.

trip

PS: A happy new year to everybody

Latest posts