New to Randall...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninja636

Reaction score
I've played through Crate SS amps all my life(37yrs old, playing since 14). Back in '88 I almost bought a Randall RG head, but funds fell short. I have a Crate XT120 combo w/Eminence Texas Heats in it, and plugged into a Randall RS125CX cab. I'm now shopping around for a new amp, and Randall was my first and only choice. My question is, what cabs are the sound clips for the V2 being played through? I plan on getting my new head in a couple of months, but want a new cab to go with it, preferrably one that can sound good with scooped mids, but still get a good '80's hairmetal sound. The 125cx will be my bottom cab, I like for my dropped tunings to really rip your face off and stop your heart.Thanks for any help.

If you are refering to the clips that I made, the cab was an RS412XXL. That really doesn't matter because I used the Mic Eliminator outputs for those clips which almost every one of our higher end cabs have. If you are going for somthing metal sounding to match a V2 I would suggest the RS412XL100 just because the speakers are made to handle the high output of the V2/T2. These cabs stay incredibly tight at high volumes and don't break up like V30's do.

SWEET! I was reading another thread on this forum, and the "feel" of tubes was one of the things mentioned. When I tried this amp out, and switched to the tube preamp, it DID have a totally different feel, over ss. I never thought tubes could make that much of a difference, but for me they did. Don't get me wrong, I still like the ss section of this amp too, and when I get it, I'm going to use every feature and channel on it to their full potential! It's been 2 weeks since I tried it out at the GC in Atlanta, and I still get goose bumps thinking about it.