So should I give up on ever hearing any Ultra XL clips...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think these are just hitting the retailers now.

Boogie Street has had them for a few weeks. I figured someone would have one by now. I'd have bought one but well....I'm a cheap *******.....:D

I've had mine for about 2-3 weeks now. But alas, no clips. :( I'm not very computer literate. :oops: I like it alot, but honestly, I've been playing my DSL solely for the last 2 weeks. Maybe tonight I will plug back into the RM100 and give the modules I have another run through(BF,XTC,Modern,UltraXL and Recto).
I've been playing a Kramer 1984 I got three weeks ago just about everyday for the last 2 weeks and it just sounds alot better through the Marshall than the Randall. Weird.

stevearino said:
I've had mine for about 2-3 weeks now. But alas, no clips. :( I'm not very computer literate. :oops: I like it alot, but honestly, I've been playing my DSL solely for the last 2 weeks. Maybe tonight I will plug back into the RM100 and give the modules I have another run through(BF,XTC,Modern,UltraXL and Recto).
I've been playing a Kramer 1984 I got three weeks ago just about everyday for the last 2 weeks and it just sounds alot better through the Marshall than the Randall. Weird.

How do you like the 1984. . I've been comtemplating a Floyd-equiped guitar.

Gary if you don't mind a 7 string (and can set up a floyd, I don't seem to have the patience anymore of the tune/retune after a setup) I have an Ibanez RG 7 string with a floyd and brand new Dimarzios (D-Sonic and Air Norton pickups, new StewMac 5 way Megaswitch too) that I might be selling soon. Let me know if you are interested at all! :wink: Scalloped from the 12th fret up by it's previous owner, my friend from Florida Santiago Dobles (plays for Aghora, sponsored by Madison Amps, I think they have clips of him on their website too)... just in case you wanted some history on the guitar! :lol:

GaryMcT said:
stevearino said:

How do you like the 1984. . I've been comtemplating a Floyd-equiped guitar.

I love it! 8) One pickup(84T is verrry good), one volume, double locking floyd and lightly oiled neck. Simplicity can be a very good thing. They have gotten much more expensive than they used to be(699, now 880 for custom paint), but I think they are still worth the cash, plus it comes with a very nice Kramer HSC. It's pretty light at around 7.5 lbs. The pickup is very harmonically rich. The 84T is pretty hot, so cleans won't be the best, but passable in a live sit with an amp with a decent clean channel. Rolling the vol back does muddy things up some, but it's not bothering me. I guess the 84T is made by Gibson, but it doesn't sound like a 500T or a 498T. It has it's own character. Very warm sounding. If you don't mind active pickups, Schecter has the C-1 Hellraiser FR. I have a strings through HR, and really like that one too. Plus the floyd routing is recessed on the Schecter. I've been thinking about picking up a Floyd Rose Hellraiser. The ultra access neck heel makes it feel like a neck thru, plus 24 frets for about 800 out the door(no case usually though).
Here's a pic of the 84(plus my others) :D

155980044.jpg

stevearino said:

I'm craving my DSL too but waiting until my new Avatar 212 gets here (the oversized Vintage Custom!). :D

This is going to be sad if I have to post the first clips.....lol. Mine's on order from 123.

batotman said:
stevearino said:

I'm craving my DSL too but waiting until my new Avatar 212 gets here (the oversized Vintage Custom!). :D

I'm gonna have to try an Avatar cab. I've bought V30's from him in the past. Very cool to deal with. Real good prices too!
Post up the clips when you get the XL 8)

How do you like that Kramer 84? I have an old Focus with a single humbucker and Floyd that I did an EVH stripe job on but it's kinda apart at the moment. Really needs a fret job but I don't want to spend the cash right now. Always liked those old Kramers. The 84 looks nice. Did you see they also put out the 85 Baretta again? A little more coin than the 84. They have a pic of it on the musicyo website.

trendkill1168 said:
How do you like that Kramer 84? I have an old Focus with a single humbucker and Floyd that I did an EVH stripe job on but it's kinda apart at the moment. Really needs a fret job but I don't want to spend the cash right now. Always liked those old Kramers. The 84 looks nice. Did you see they also put out the 85 Baretta again? A little more coin than the 84. They have a pic of it on the musicyo website.

Argh! Don't tell me they finally released the 85 Baretta reissue! I just bought an 02 sky blue AmSe Strat! :shock: :D I heard they were gonna do it, but the way musicyo is, I thought it wouldn't be out until December at the earliest. I love the 84. I filed the edges of the fretboard with a nut file to help break it in faster. :oops: Actually, it turned out very well. the fret ends don't stick out like I thought they might. The lightly oiled neck is very nice. I'm used to nitro and poly necks, but to me, the light oil necks feel so much better. No stickiness. I almost bought a Focus 3000 a while back. I like the Pacer's, Baretta's and Focus'. They were definately a great value for the money back in the day. I'd like to see that Focus once you get it back together. Bet it looks sweet. 8)