Help me decide fellas

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xspiderfingersx

Reaction score
Birthday next week!

Ultra....Ultra XL....1086?

Close to a REAL dual rec sound dripping in harmonics and mids!

I tried an ultra a few weeks ago and loved it havent had a chance to hit up those others

-dave

Here's one vote for the 1086.... or maybe try out one of the Egnater modules! :D It doesn't sound QUITE like a recto, but I love the sound of rectos and although different, this thing is probably the best Randall high gain module out there IMHO! 8)

Basically no one's heard the Ultra XL. Right now it's just Hype.

The 1086 so far is unaminously loved. I'd say that one's a good bet. Plus since it's so verstaile it's a great start. It really DOES do high gain marshall AND Mesa, yet in it's own way. Haven't explored the softer side of it yet, but have heard good things.

Had the Ultra, and sold it. It seems to be the "I loved it the first day, but after awhile it just wasn't working" module. My reason for ditching it was noise even at moderate gain levels.

The ultra sounded awesome when i first heard it and noise isnt a problem for me, i wrestle with single coils(p-90s) and a hollowbody when im not playing in my death metal band haha

I just need something that is ballsier then anything on the fucking planet!

1086 prolly?

xtc is nice sounding, but not heavy enough, rectified is a huge disappointment. Its all bass

-dave

Well the Egnater stuff is pretty pricey and since I haven't played them in person yet I can't tell you for sure if it's totally worth it. I can tell you I've heard clips from our very own John C. (both live and studio) and will say they are most excellent! I'm excited for my M4, I'll let you know what I think then. For now, I'd say your best bet is the 1086. I tried out all of the following:

Ultra
Ultra Lead (good module btw)
Recto
Plexi (and plexi + ocd acting as a clean boost)
Modern
XTC

In terms of Randall modules, I wholeheartedly suggest you pick up the 1086. It's just like I said in another post, it's like a Marshall and a Mesa had kids, but you can get some really different tones from the voicing and gain boost switches. Just buy the 1086, you'll be happy you did man! :D

yeah i guess thats where im headed 1086 here i come haha!

anyone got a spare one they wanna part with? or know where i should go

I have bought two now from "funkymunkymusic" (that's their eBay ID) on eBay. They have them new in stock and shipping is free. That's who I use, they are really nice and ship pretty quickly too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/RANDALL-MTS-1086-Dan-Donegan-Disturbed-amplifier-module_W0QQitemZ150005757587QQihZ005QQcategoryZ121164QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's the link for the current buy-it-now auction for one. Good luck, I know you'll enjoy it! I hope Randall comes out with some clean modules like the 1086 (in terms of great tone and versatility!! :))

I vote for the Ultra.. and I got one that will save you money!!!!

115 shipped.

If i was gonna get an ultra the shop near my house had an rm100 on demo for a week or two and never sent back the mods they're offering them to me for a 100 bucks each haha!

but im gonna hit up a 1086