RM100 with KH modeles VS. MTS KH

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallica

Reaction score
just wondering...
will a rm 100 m or rm 100 S with the 3 KH modules sound like a ready rm100 KH head??

From what I have read , if you have the RM100 with 6l6's and turn the Density up a bit it will. Please correct me if Im wrong though :D

raz311 said:
From what I have read , if you have the RM100 with 6l6's and turn the Density up a bit it will. Please correct me if Im wrong though :D

That was basically my understanding.

You are both correct. The RM100KH has a deifferent cap value in the power amp section that allows for a little bit of a bass boost. If you already have any Randall/Egnater MTS head or combo and you want to emulate this value change, you can just turn the Density knob up a little.

I find that the density on the Lynch Box is one of it's best features.

Once I owned an amp with a presance control it became a must have. Density is the same.

To be honest it's the first amp I've owned with a Density control and now I wish all my amps had it.

The combination of the desnity and presence works really well with allowing the LB to be equally good with guitars that have single coil or guitars that have humbuckers. Guitars that have dark tonality ( ie; and SG ) and guitars that have a brighter voice ( ie; all maple strat ).

here are two of the most common presance and desity settings I use...

Dark guitars...

HPIM1978.jpg

Bright guitars...

HPIM1977.jpg

I also use a Density on full presance off setting.

maximus1 said:
is bottom one for balsa wood?

Yeah, really...I never move my Density off 9/10 o'clock unless I'm playing at whisper levels.

Latest posts