Sig. modules and R1-R3 values

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacredGroove

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, the Recto/Grail mod is just R1-R3 150ohm (from 470ohm) and on the Grailtone modifications page it is recommended to change R1 to 150ohm on low-mid gain modules and not recommended for high gain modules. I know this is old news to a lot of people, but every Signature module I've had (4) has 150ohm values at R1-R3.

So, what does all of this mean? It means I let my curiosity get the better of me and post this to see if anyone else has noticed or even cared?

Scott

I have noticed that too, you are not alone. On my XTC R1-3 are all 150ohm and are blue, 5 band resistors. I got it like this brand new from a shop so I don't know whats going on there. Don't know what its done to the sound as i have nothing to compare it to.
Haven't check my Grail mod but i will.

150 ohms in those locations will cut gain a little bit - in the grail, you lose some fizz but get some punch. There are several different revisions of all our modules, I've seen a lot of different C3 values in modules also that looked stock/untouched too. It's just evolution I guess. :)

FYI, if you want to gain up your distortion module and it has 150s, you can go up from there without hurting anything. I would advise being careful swapping them out, as they connect to the optoisolator, which is a fairly expensive part if you blow them up. Last time I had to buy them, they were $6 a pop. Ow!

Pete