Where do I buy the .001u capacitor to mod my Ultra Module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

festus1

Reaction score
Hi all :D . I was wondering where I can buy the .001u capacitor needed to mod my Ultra Module. Is there an online store or can I go to radio shack and buy one? What is the voltage rating on the one needed? I found some different types with different voltages.

Pete

I got mine here.

http://torresengineering.com/topqualcapre.html

The orange drop caps are really high quality, and I think you want 500v or higher.

I'd order the .0022uf cap as well so you can try both and see which one you like. the .001 cap took out too much bass for me.

You can get them about anywhere. Maybe even radio shack (non mall location) The nice ones are mallory(Marshalls), orange drops(Fenders) (715 or 716 I beleive). I used some panasonic films and they worked too.

I wouldn't worry about the voltage. 50V shoud be enough. There isn't any real current going through the circuit at that point to my knowedge.

Try Small bear electronics. They're reasonable and good guys.

I ordered some caps from mouser without paying too much attention to the voltage ratings and ended up getting the 1600V ones, which are HUGE!!!!! I guess I'd better order some smaller ones. :)

Does anyone know if the ultas with the black stripe faceplate even need the cap mod? im under the impresion that they are updated versions.

mine is a black stripe one and im running a g flex cab and seems very tight let yourears do the walking, in comparison think te brown sags to much and needs the mod at least to my ears