feedback with my high gain modules...?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi-

I need a little help... all of my high gain modules are feeding back really early in the gain range..

some background---I am using a Fender Custom Shop Showmaster with Tom anderson pickups (waxed)-- into a RM100M

This happened with the ultra I used to own, as well as my randall recto and now my egnater single channel recto.

They all feedback uncontrollably with the gain pot past 10 or 11 o'clock

Is this normal--? what's going on?

Thanks
LeRoy

Maybe bad tubes in the power amp section of your RM100. Sounds like one of your 12ax7's has gone microphonic.

Yeah it doesn't sound like an issue with your modules, I have a feeling ned is right and maybe your preamp tubes are going microphonic? Try swapping the preamp tubes first since they are cheaper, but if the problem doesn't go away check your power tubes to see if maybe they are going bad. The ultra module was one I remember feeding back like a mother so I wouldn't judge on that alone. Good luck!

I swapped out the 3 12ax7's in the rm100m head for new ones and it made a huge difference in how early the high gain modules started feeding back

Thanks for the advice

LeRoy