What power amps do you use for your RM4

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kc2eeb said:
Let's see... Married to the first wife 15 years.... Don't miss her at all. Custom shop Les Paul I bought new in 1970... Still have it. My second wife.... Best person I know. Then I bought the RM4, RT2/50, RM50, a GWSA (Kendrick) 12 modules, 2410 (Kendrick) LP Custom shop special x2, '61 SG, Tele Custom,etc., all left handed,......... Life's short. All the best! Merry Christmas! Pat L.

My girl thinks I should be saving for a house to put my gear in. Probably right :lol: Maybe If I can scrounge up a mesa decal she wont notice the change to a RT 2/50 :lol:

do you suggest a rack combination just for home playing? not for - on stage volume levels?

i'm talking about a combination: M4 into RT2/50 and a r112 cb cab

then..

is it possible to plug the Rm4 into my combo marshall dsl401 50W amp till i get a power amp and cab?

PhiloBeddoe said:
RT2/50 for me.

I'm not sure how people manage without the presence and density controls it offers.

VHT's have presence and depth and some other cool features. I've never used a RT2/50, but if I was in the market for power I'd definitely give them a shot, but my VHT keeps me comfortably out of the market.

Scott

I use my RM50 combo.

That and a little mixer and an ABY switcher. Lots of cords running everywhere like a big pile of black plastic, noise inducing spaghetti, which is why I'm saving up for a Switchblade.

Some of the early reviews RT2/50 on Harmony Central mentioned reliability problems, so I went with the VHT 2/50/2 instead.

Has anybody here had problems with their RT2/50?

I use the RT2/50 with my RM4..and yes it is a really fine combination. But you DO have to know how to use it..it is an instrument unto itself.
But I do wish I could use a smaller power amp just for those sitting in occasions. My current rig REQUIRES 2 strong roadies just bring the RM4 and RT2/50 into the room!!!
If any could comment further on the Crates, I am all ears.
I do not electronics freaks who could mod anything into reliability.
Anyone besides Jimosity try a powerblock with an RM4?

GtrGeorge! said:
I use the RT2/50 with my RM4..and yes it is a really fine combination. But you DO have to know how to use it..it is an instrument unto itself.
But I do wish I could use a smaller power amp just for those sitting in occasions. My current rig REQUIRES 2 strong roadies just bring the RM4 and RT2/50 into the room!!!
If any could comment further on the Crates, I am all ears.
I do not electronics freaks who could mod anything into reliability.
Anyone besides Jimosity try a powerblock with an RM4?

Powerblock sounded like crap when I tried it. I hope you're kidding about needing 'two roadies' with the RM2/50 and RM4 combo, I don't have any real issues with it and I'm not a big guy. My rack is only 6 spaces though - RM4, RT, TC Gmajor and a Furman PL8.

Pete

Randal RM 50 head always worked good for me till I got the MOD 50. It looks great too. I just ran the pre-amp into the return. Small, portable 50 watt "power block". Of course it's mono, but I don't really like stereo on stage anyway, so it worked for me.

nice input fella's
well i got myself a VHT 2502 , and took it around the block last night at rehearsal !!! EFF YEAH that's the ****!!!! is all i got to say about it!!!!
i also got the super v and xtc .... which are both outstanding mods as well !!!!!

I use a Mesa Boogie 50/50. Limited features, but it got a robust tone that give those Lace Alumitone pickups great credibility, I find.

I use TS 6L6 STRs for Marshall sound and TS KT66 for Fenders. A pitty it won't handle EL34s or similar, but on the other hand the 6L6 STRs make the Weber 1225 and 1230-55 sound sweeter that way.

Usiing a crown PA power amplifier temporarily ..Considering a peavey classic 50/50 (el84 quad pairs x2 since they don't cost too much and should give a nice tone to the rig( i had a valveking 112 ran via the effects loop and it sounded great but looked good only to the microphone!).

Gear: Rm4 with deluxe, JTM, Sl+, 1086
ALesis quadraverb effects unit
Korg rack mount tuner
Crown xls 202 PA power amplifier

I would LOVE to see how an Egnater Rebel would work as a powerscaling poweramp for the RM4!

I tried a Mesa 50:50 with my M4s. Anyone wanna buy it? Cheap?? I just don't think it works well. Really sucked the life out of the midboosty modules. However, it did enhance the midscoopy ones. If I were doing the mesa sound or the vox sound all the time, I think the 50:50 would work well. But I like the midboosty modules too, so I am running my M4s through a Mod 50, like this!

http://www.geocities.com/tonesponge/EgnaterRig.html

I use the Mesa Simlu-stereo 395 with switch track. The tube are 6L6's, but with the switching function, it SOUNDS AMAZING!!!! :shock: The RM4 blows away my VooDoo modded JMP1. :oops:
This set-up is the best live tone I have ever had!!

Randall RT2/50 here

besides running pretty hot, I think it sounds great, running in stereo, and i am a happy camper.

no issues yet.

okstrat said:
GtrGeorge! said:
and I tried few other things..but the combination really is SOMETHING. Its an instrument unto itself,imho.
But I never heard the CRATES and I wondered if they were up to the task. The only ones I saw were broken in pawn shops...bad sign? I wanted to try a Marshall 8008 SS poweramp..buta guy got to it before me..**** pawn shops!!!
Any alternative ideas to the HEAVY and BIG RT2/50???

Solid state amps sound like crap with our RM rigs. Only thing I'd consider is maybe a mesa 20/20, but my RT2/50 sounds pretty small with EL84s (and the THD yellowjackets) vs the 6L6, EL34 or KT88 power tubes. I've been meaning to build a single ended stereo power amp (all tube) when I get the time, but been too busy. I built a guy a 3 watt one that ran a 6V6 for recording purposes a few years back, it was pretty sweet.

Pete

Small sounding ???? like not as full sounding or the same great sound just lower volume? i have an extra rt2/50 i was going to put the yellow jackets in....or should i just use it for 2 Egnater M4s and 2 different speaker cab? i luv having an amp set to clean (vox mod)running with my other amp and effets or 2 delays for that U2 edge sound.

yeah i have two rt2/50 amps with a pair of 6v6's and el34's.just curious about the sound of the yellow jackets.

Latest posts