MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ultra XL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Felipe R
RM50

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the clips? Sad
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
rickgk
RM100

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys i didn't get a chance to do the recording yesterday, wednesday night is the next chance i will get, sorry. I did have a good play with the UltraXL module though, sounds great, but i would still choose the 1080 for the extra versatility and because you can get quite a close comparison to the UltraXL from the 1080. But then again the 1080 is more expensive too so i guess it depends on what is more important to you versatility or price? if your after all out high gain and don't care for the versatility then save yourself a few bucks and get the UltraXL, but if you want more versatility and don't mind spending extra for it then go the 1080. One thing to note is that the UltraXL seems to have less bass than alot of the other modules, it actually had me reaching for the density knob on the RM100.
rickgk
RM100

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news guys those clips may take a little longer, i had problems with my RM100 at the gig last night, after switching out of standby mode there was no sound from my amp for over a minute, and had 3-4 loud pops in the meantime, it seemed fine after that but it's off to the the amp tech after work today.
I hope this is not the start of big drama's with this unit, i used to have the RT250 poweramp and had major failure after failure with that and ended up offloading it for the RM100, i am seriously starting to worry about the reliability of randall gear.
Anyway as soon as i get it back i will make up some clips, i might as well do clips of all my modules, blackface, top boost, recto, xtc, 1080, UltraXL, & Ultra Lead. Sorry for the delay.
Felipe R
RM50

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to heard that Rick, i hope your amp will be fine.
crrrN
RM20

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used Randall gear for the past 3 years now, as well as live as rehearsals, pretty much every day, and I must say it is VERY realiable.
rickgk
RM100

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should hear back from the tech tomorrow. Unfortunately i have had no luck with my randall gear, i got the RT250 in september last year and i had it gradually lose volume in the middle of a gig to the point that there was no sound coming from it, i took it to a tech who found nothing wrong with it, i got it back and it worked fine for two or three gigs and then it did it again so i sent it back and purchased the head which worked fine for a couple of months before it developed this problem.... so yeah hopefully everything will turn out ok but my experience with randall reliability has not been good, i do gig 3-4 times per week each gig lasting 3-4 hours....still i have never had an amp that sounds as good on EVERY channel as these amps, in the past i have had to sacrifice clean sound for good overdrive or vice versa but not with this amp, i get the best of both worlds, so please don't think i am putting the amp down in anyway because i love it.... I just worry about the reliability based on my experience.
GaryMcT
RM100

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blew a power tube and took out a part of a board. It's fixed now (a newly Randall-ized amp repair shop fixed the board.), but it's a little disappointing.
rickgk
RM100

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K. Guys i will have the amp back tomorrow so i can do some clips on saturday. Apparently faulty tubes in my blackface module where causing the problem, there was also corrosion on both transformers, apparently they had not been rust proofed which seems to be std practice with most amp manufacturers, so the tech has rust proofed them for me and also cap modded my Ultra Lead module so i will be interested to hear that, I really liked it before but thought it was lacking clarity & definition so hopefully this will fix that up, I hope i don't lose any of that fatness that made it so good for single note work & solos.
Felipe R
RM50

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool Rick, we are waiting your modules clips,

Thanks you!
muskpsmesane
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant wait to hear the clips of this thing. Hopefully you'll have them up soon.
bricerice1337
RM20

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are now some ultra XL's on ebay. ebay item 7424422698
john7
RM20

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLEASE rickgk, send these clips........I/we can?t wait anymore!
Thanks and kind regards.
________
Medical Marijuana Patients

Last edited by john7 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
evhwolfie
RM100

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Modules All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: