Ultra XL

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should hear back from the tech tomorrow. Unfortunately i have had no luck with my randall gear, i got the RT250 in september last year and i had it gradually lose volume in the middle of a gig to the point that there was no sound coming from it, i took it to a tech who found nothing wrong with it, i got it back and it worked fine for two or three gigs and then it did it again so i sent it back and purchased the head which worked fine for a couple of months before it developed this problem.... so yeah hopefully everything will turn out ok but my experience with randall reliability has not been good, i do gig 3-4 times per week each gig lasting 3-4 hours....still i have never had an amp that sounds as good on EVERY channel as these amps, in the past i have had to sacrifice clean sound for good overdrive or vice versa but not with this amp, i get the best of both worlds, so please don't think i am putting the amp down in anyway because i love it.... I just worry about the reliability based on my experience.

I blew a power tube and took out a part of a board. It's fixed now (a newly Randall-ized amp repair shop fixed the board.), but it's a little disappointing.

O.K. Guys i will have the amp back tomorrow so i can do some clips on saturday. Apparently faulty tubes in my blackface module where causing the problem, there was also corrosion on both transformers, apparently they had not been rust proofed which seems to be std practice with most amp manufacturers, so the tech has rust proofed them for me and also cap modded my Ultra Lead module so i will be interested to hear that, I really liked it before but thought it was lacking clarity & definition so hopefully this will fix that up, I hope i don't lose any of that fatness that made it so good for single note work & solos.