Look what the Mailman delivered today......

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raz311

Reaction score
KH3.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Haven't had a chance to try it out yet though. Will be going to a mates house tomorrow to try it with his different cabs. I will be running this in the Lynch Box with El34's into his 412 V30 cab and his 412 Greenbacks cab. Will let you know how it sounds!!!

Cheers
Gav :twisted:

I hate you I hate you I hate you........

well, not really but I ordered min straight after NAMM :x :twisted:

Let us know how it sounds.

Nice. I'm running mine with 6L6's and a V30 1960 cab.

IMO, a great high, high gain Marshall sound. Also sounds great with active or passive pickups.

JKD said:
I hate you I hate you I hate you........

well, not really but I ordered min straight after NAMM :x :twisted:

Let us know how it sounds.

Haha will do. I ordered mine from ...well a highly respected dealer who is pretty funky :wink: , way back in December. I feel bad cos I bugged the crap out of Jon asking when it was going to be in :oops: Anyway I am off to a mates place now to try it through his cabs. Will let you know.

Gav

Just got back from giving the KH3 a good rip. All I can say is WOW!! That is some serious chug. I was going to use this module as a Lead tone but after playing it today at high volume, it is def going to be for Rhythm. I used a Shecter Tempest with EMG 85/60A pickups in a Lynch Box with EL34s going into a Fender (I know :roll: ) Celestion V30's cab. Great tight High gain. Perfect for the \m/ with gain at full. I also tried it through a Framus 412 cab with Greenbacks but didn't really like it as much. My ESP Horizon is "away" at the moment so I really want to try it with passive pick ups before I decide to go and buy the KH2 module also. :) I may just buy it anyway :D

5 out of 5 :twisted:

Gav

raz311 said:
Just got back from giving the KH3 a good rip. All I can say is WOW!! That is some serious chug. I was going to use this module as a Lead tone but after playing it today at high volume, it is def going to be for Rhythm. I used a Shecter Tempest with EMG 85/60A pickups in a Lynch Box with EL34s going into a Fender (I know :roll: ) Celestion V30's cab. Great tight High gain. Perfect for the \m/ with gain at full. I also tried it through a Framus 412 cab with Greenbacks but didn't really like it as much. My ESP Horizon is "away" at the moment so I really want to try it with passive pick ups before I decide to go and buy the KH2 module also. :) I may just buy it anyway :D

5 out of 5 :twisted:

Gav

Sweet..I'm thinking if the modules deliver the 'wide sweep' in the EQ controls as promised you could up the mids and get a good singing lead tone going (maybe with a tubscreamer too) and cut the mids for some solid metal rhythms...course that would need two KH-3s and I can't get one right now

Where did you settle on your first play EQ/Gain wise?

Gain = FULL :twisted:
Bass= about 1 o'clock
Mids= about 12 but I played around a bit
Treble = again about 12 but that shifted as I fiddled
Master= 12 o'clock

Density and presence I changed a bit but nothing set.

I actually tried it wth a Tube Screamer. I don't think it need it to be honest.

I wants KH2 now :D

Well the Funky guys definately have 'em in stock...listed on eBay for starters :D

I HATE THAT I LIVE AN HOUR AWAY FROM THE SOURCE OF ALL THINGS RANDALL AND I CANT GET ANY KH MODULES!!!

gee,that's funny,i live only 15 minutes away from Randall,yet i've got 3 KH1's,3 KH2's & 3 KH3's,in my possession,which i only just ordered back on Wednesday and received 'em today!!! i think there's a "clause",at Randall,that states if you live in the same state,but further than 58 minutes away,you HAVE to go to the "back of the line"...kinda like a "soup nazi" thing,but different!!! :) ...........................okay,okay,i'm,just kidding,man.i DONT really have any KH modules,yet...just pokin' fun!!!!!!

Bonj87 said:
I HATE THAT I LIVE AN HOUR AWAY FROM THE SOURCE OF ALL THINGS RANDALL AND I CANT GET ANY KH MODULES!!!

Well, I'm in Australia...about 20 hours or so away :roll:

Just got lucky. And Jon helped me out a lot.