KH2 arrived today

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ82

Reaction score
It's so much, much, MUCH better than the GW vid :) I dunno what was up with that guy but man, the Randall KH2 module sounds SO much better than what is shown in that GW demo vid.

The GW vid is just woofy and kinda flat sounding. When I plugged it into my RM4, I ran through various settings from about 9:00, 12:00, 3:00, etc. It can sound similar to how the GW sounds if you really drop the mids, but turn them up and it fills out VERY nicely and has a really nice smooth crunch. It's not peaky or overbearing at all.

The gain range is pretty good too. All the way up to around 1:00, it sounds pretty crunchy and clear, past 1:00 you really start to add on the saturation but it still stays pretty clear. One thing that I noticed is that the taper on all the controls responds very well to little movements. There's no immediate jump from sound to sound/setting to setting so there's plenty of room to dial in what you like.

It's definitely got that huge barking Marshall thing going on too :) I know Randall said they started with a Plexi module and tweaked away for quite some time, but the lower gain tones sound better than the plexi module and the higher gain settings sound very nice as well. The fact that it can cover this spectrum alone makes it pretty cool IMO. With other modules, the gain was either not enough for slightly heavier stuff or it did the heavy tones but thinned out when you turned the gain down.

The last thing that I noticed is that the module sounds pretty clear and full compared to other modules. Between the feeling of the chords and hearing the quick attack and clarity, it seems like a very cool module :thu:

I should have the KH1 and KH3 later this afternoon too so I'll post up some other stuff later.

you guys all know how I feel about the KH2! :twisted:

i think all the KH modules are ideal for the rm100 3 channel amp thing. you've got a great clean, KILLER mid to high gain, and over the top high gain lead channel. it's the perfect combo.

MJ,

So where does the KH2 range go in gain . is it close to the randall Sl+ at full tilt . does it do the early Brown EVH , Acdc and 80s rythm hot rodded plexi

RD/Steve said:
does them all.

i would say it's in the same area of the sl+...only better. much better.

KH2! :twisted:
That's what I'd say as well. The gain control's taper is very responsive and totally usable so it covers lots of ground :)

l_ac740fc351d2dc935ed45fcfe091b318.jpg

l_c1737366b6ccb5120634979e1dd27a56.jpg

RD Steve ,

where do the mids sit in the KH2, is it similar to the Lynch Brahma but more gain .

I am loving the KH2 clips ..a little more open and slightly less saturated than the 3 ..
MJ I could be crazy but it sounds a lot like the Voodoo Vrock clips you posted at Harmony central .

Do they sound that similar

well...it's hard to say where they are at. i mean, the pots are pretty different and have a wide sweep...so your sounds will be in there regardless of which module you have been playing.

the voicing is just right though...Dougie nailed it with ALL the KH modules.

Latest posts