new Kirk Hammett signature amp ??? infos & price

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RD/Rich said:
When you do what you love for a living it isn't really work now is it :D

Dood that's funny cause I want a one of each new module for X-mas!!!!Who would have thought that we wanted the same present :D

I think at least 2 of the 3 modules might be on everyone's list to Santa ;)

RD/Rich, RD/Steve and well...RD/Man (if he's still around) are the man...Doug literally by name..Merry Xmas guys :twisted:

randallica said:
by the way...are the KH1 and KH3 modules already available in Europe?

Nope they aren't available anywhere yet. First shipment of boards comes in two weeks from now and we SHOULD start shipping them out by the end of January. Keep in mind this is just for the US, I?m not sure about overseas and Canada.

Yes, RD/Man is still around making sure that RD/Steve and I don?t get out of hand, although now is a good time to get rowdy because he?s locked in the 8x10 design room putting finishing touches on all of the NAMM goodies. I was in there earlier today playing a new G3 Plus head and it was sick!!!!

Santa placed my order for all three KH modules yesterday...but according to David's Guitar Loft...he used my AMEX card.

I can't wait!!!!! I hope they are on the list for the 1st shipments...

Marc in Philly!

the first lucky man who'll get them is demanded to post videos-sounds and rewiew, ok? :)

do you guys prefer the KH2 or KH3 sound for rhythm guitar?
is it the cranked KH2 better? from the clip i heard it is great :O
but the KH3 is more the modern 'tallica sound

You know this really depends on what you are trying to play. You could simply say that the KH2 is "Classic" and the KH3 is a little more "Modern." Personally I like both for rhythm but it depends on what I'm playing, if it's metal (like the clip) then the KH3 is going to be my weapon of choice. For the cover band I'm in the KH2 slays, "China Grove" and "You Give Love a Bad Name" never sounded so good. :lol: Now this isn't to say that the 2 can't do modern metal, it's just how I plan on using mine.

Rich that sound sweet. I love cranking the distortion on Bad Name, probably sounds good for No Sleep 'til Brooklyn and Funky Cold Medina amongst a ton of other tunes.

RD/Rich said:
You know this really depends on what you are trying to play. You could simply say that the KH2 is "Classic" and the KH3 is a little more "Modern." Personally I like both for rhythm but it depends on what I'm playing, if it's metal (like the clip) then the KH3 is going to be my weapon of choice. For the cover band I'm in the KH2 slays, "China Grove" and "You Give Love a Bad Name" never sounded so good. :lol: Now this isn't to say that the 2 can't do modern metal, it's just how I plan on using mine.

ok ;) so for playing harvester of sorrow from And Justice For All which module you think is better?which one would you suggest me? KH2 or KH3?

Can't answer that but for Jessie's Girl I suggest starting with the Plexi on a light to mid gain then beotch slap'em with the XTC half way through the verse.

BTW you play the first 2 notes of the intro on that stupid song and girls start screaming.

ned said:
Can't answer that but for Jessie's Girl I suggest starting with the Plexi on a light to mid gain then beotch slap'em with the XTC half way through the verse.

BTW you play the first 2 notes of the intro on that stupid song and girls start screaming.

I hate to admit that I know from experiance :lol:

ok so for playing harvester of sorrow from And Justice For All which module you think is better?which one would you suggest me? KH2 or KH3?

You can't go go wrong w/ the KH2 for those tunes but I have a feeling that you may prefer the KH3.

RD/Rich said:
The 120 watt amp is going to be a Solid State head and 4x12 that is aimed at the guitar players looking for an inexpensive or first halfstack.

We haven't ruled out doing a small combo and in fact there just hasn't been talk about it yet. Right now a 3 channel chassis just won't fit in the RM50 box so you would be limited to 2 channels. If 100 watts is more than you need you could always purchase an RM100 combo (3 module slots, 100 watts) and pull the two outside 6L6's effectively giving you exactly what you want. If you still want a smaller combo, no modification is needed and you don't have to throw out 50% of the parts. The KH MTS head has a little bit of a boost in the low end response. This can be had by changing a few small parts in the power section OR simply turning up the Density control on the amp. Either way is an inexpensive way to get what you want.

First post!

That should be interesting, cause there is going to be a fight with Crate over an inexpensive half stack with me cause that is one I have been looking at recently, and even Crate's all tube heads are pretty affordable. While I am sure the Randall amp sounds more metal-like, the Crate Flexwave solid state half stack is only like 500 CAD and has pretty powerful gain for such a cheap setup.

One of my friends at work told me that the signature amp is going to run about 750 bucks (USD probably) so I would hope that it will be a half stack with an all tube head or a solid state full stack.

If you want something to go head to head w/ the Crate Flewwave check out the RX120RHS. It's around $500 street and is still going to be more hard rock and metal than the Crate.

The KH120RHS is going to be $719 street for the head and a single 4x12 w/ Celestion Rocket 50's. The higher grade speakers are one reason for the higher price and really lend to a higher grade tone. I was playing it early today and it just rules for playing metal. The Overdrive channel is voiced similarly to the KH2 and KH3 so the Treble control is incredibly responsive.

I can comment here... recently Music Centre Canada used the RX120 half stack... two of them for their Extreem Rock program. These amps are pretty impressive for the $$$... excellent metal/hard rock amp.
I've tried the Crate Flexwave and i was not impressed the other Crate... the VTX 65 was pretty cool tho.

My dear friends ....
this ****
kirkAmp.jpg

If you want to have it here in Bosnia U have to pay 10,336.43 USD!!!!
I do not know is there golden bars in it ....

And U have to hurry because only 25 pcs for Europe now!!!

This is crazy, this price!!! My God.....

The limited edition stack is for collectors, not players IMO.

The regular production head and stack is much more affordable..priced almost same as the Lynch Box.

Latest posts