More MTS module clips (including Mr. Scary)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryMcT

Reaction score
I recorded these for a friend that is thinking about getting into the MTS thang:

http://home.comcast.net/~g.mctaggart/jb/

These were all recorded with an Anderson Drop Top with Suhr v60lp * 2 and a chrome Suhr SSV in the bridge. The amp is an RM50B with a hotplate at -8dB and JJ 6V6 tubes. The mic is an SM57.

Felipe R said:
cool clips!

the mr scary sound really similar to the sl+ :?

They are definitely similar. I like the Mr. Scary better. . . it's my favorite Marshall-flavored module out of the ones that I've tried.

hey buddy,the sl+ & mr scary clips sound really good.have you done a low-end cap mod to the sl+ module,and if so,what capacitor value did you use? also,what is it that you like better about the mr scary over the sl+ module?

goldwing68nv said:
hey buddy,the sl+ & mr scary clips sound really good.have you done a low-end cap mod to the sl+ module,and if so,what capacitor value did you use? also,what is it that you like better about the mr scary over the sl+ module?

I haven't done a cap mod on the SL+. The Mr. Scary seems to have more pronounced mids, and better Tool-ish muted rhythm chunk. I was contemplating cap modding my SL+, but I probably won't now except maybe to compare it to the Mr. Scary. I think in the end I'll keep the SL+ stock so that it is more different from the Mr. Scary.

The only mod that I want to do to the Mr. Scary is to replace the knobs. :)